• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Artillery
09-10-2010, 11:09 PM,
Artillery
Quick question

Whats the difference between normal and Heavy Arty in game terms............from what I've seen there appears to be more chance of a Disruption result with Heavy Arty ! Is this the case ?
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2010, 11:57 PM,
RE: Artillery
I think the main differance is the amount of movement required to change to and from T mode. Heavy guns use all their movement to change modes.
09-11-2010, 01:44 AM,
(09-10-2010, 11:57 PM)Nitram Draw Wrote: I think the main differance is the amount of movement required to change to and from T mode. Heavy guns use all their movement to change modes.

Thanks but i was aware of that one.....................don't think that applies to SPG's though !

I was more concerned with the mechanics of "fire effect"............Just seems that when stuff is hit with Heavy Arty it seems to more readily Disrupt.
09-11-2010, 01:49 AM,
(09-10-2010, 11:57 PM)Nitram Draw Wrote: I think the main differance is the amount of movement required to change to and from T mode. Heavy guns use all their movement to change modes.

That is pretty much it.

the fire\disruption effects are based on the die roll from the fire values and generally Heavy Arty will have larger fire values.

The other thing - which may be subtle, is the Unit TYPE affects the sound that is played when the guns fire. That is change this to Rockets for a component and you will hear a difference. SO Hvy Arty has a different set of SOund files that play when they are fired. But thisis likely WAY more info than you were looking for. :)

Glenn
Send this user an email
09-11-2010, 01:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2010, 01:36 PM by Marquo.)
[The other thing - which may be subtle, is the Unit TYPE affects the sound that is played when the guns fire. That is change this to Rockets for a component and you will hear a difference. SO Hvy Arty has a different set of SOund files that play when they are fired. But thisis likely WAY more info than you were looking for. :)

This is a lesson I learned years ago - a player was destroying my katyushas and I could not understand; well, he was listening carefully to the playback and knowing their range, he reconed the radius with air and found them, then pounded them :hissy: with air and artillery. Now a days this is much harder with limited air recon, but still, it is a lesson.

Marquo