• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Command Ostfront
04-01-2011, 10:51 PM,
RE: Panzer Command Ostfront
Congratulations on your new status.

PCO sometime April, fantastic.

I own both winter and PCK, never played them much.

The support for PCO, and free to PCK owners, that's Matrix for you.
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2011, 09:52 AM,
Hey MR....long time no see. I dont usually spend much time on this forum these days (my games of choice lately are JTCS & Battlefield Academy) but just happened to glance at your posts here. Thats fantastic news that your now an employee of Matrix. I feel happy for you (and not just a little bit jealous!) but no-one deserves it more than you. You've been an absolutely tireless champion of the PC series ever since Kharkov was released. Also nice to know I am the one to "blame" for your initial enthusiasm for the game. I still love PC to this day but I kindof had to give it up because for some reason (probably the complex PBEM system I'm guessing), PBEM opponents simply dried up after a time. Hopefully though, PC:Ostfront will kickstart the series again and I can get playing PBEM again, including yourself sir!
04-12-2011, 11:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2011, 11:12 AM by Mad Russian.)
Hey Falco, how's ROK?

PCO uses a much refined PBEM system that the original games of the series.

While it can't be played TCP/IP, if you use Drop Box it can be played almost as fast. We routinely play 6 or 7 game files in an evening easily. The nice thing about the PC series is that you can do 2 files at a time. That makes the game go quick.

No question, I owe you a game when it gets released. I have some games I need to play for pay back and yours is one of them. The problem is that all the pressure's on me. With all the experience I have at the game I better win those first few matches!

Good Hunting.

MR
04-14-2011, 01:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2011, 01:49 PM by Mad Russian.)
Erik posted this on the PCO forum today:

May 9th is our current planned release date. We'll keep you posted if that changes.

Regards,

- Erik

You know things are getting really close when they give a specific date.

Good Hunting.

MR
04-14-2011, 10:38 PM,
(04-12-2011, 11:12 AM)Mad Russian Wrote: Hey Falco, how's ROK?

PCO uses a much refined PBEM system that the original games of the series.

While it can't be played TCP/IP, if you use Drop Box it can be played almost as fast. We routinely play 6 or 7 game files in an evening easily. The nice thing about the PC series is that you can do 2 files at a time. That makes the game go quick.

No question, I owe you a game when it gets released. I have some games I need to play for pay back and yours is one of them. The problem is that all the pressure's on me. With all the experience I have at the game I better win those first few matches!

Good Hunting.

MR

The ROK isnt too bad these days MR (apart from from a NK artillery attack last year!...lol).

Thats good news about the refined PBEM system. I always thought the 2-part file system was a pretty nifty idea myself but it did seem to put a lot of people off playing PCK by e-mail at the time I remember. Main problem always seemed to be getting the order of the 60sec file mixed up with the 20sec one. Will PC:O have a PBEM server like Battlefield Academy or will PBEMs still be sent manually?

Thats great news about a release date. Its been a long long wait!
04-15-2011, 12:00 AM,
I'd stay out of the NK Artillery impact zones if I were you.

The system PCO uses to do PBM's is Drop Box. It's free, it notifies you when you have a turn and it's FAST. Of course any system can be used.

While PCO doesn't have TCP capability using DB is the next best thing. I can send out TWO files in a row, do something else, have DB notify my that new files are ready to play. Go do them.

What we normally do is have the starting gamer do a file and make sure the other player has it before starting his second file. That way both gamers are playing a file at the same time and there is usually one waiting for you when you get yours done.

Then if something comes up the files simply become PBEM files that can be done at the gamers leisure.

Good Hunting.

MR
04-22-2011, 08:59 AM,
Still May 9th!

18 Days!

Matrix Games and Black Hand Studios are please to release a dozen new images and some more information for Panzer Command: Ostfront, the third installment to the hailed World War II turn-based tactical series, Panzer Command. Apart from showing off some beautiful Panzers in the trees or some Russian armor rolling across the steppes there are also a few key announcements:

1. Panzer Command: Ostfront is officially slated for release on May 9th, 2011.
2. There will be a full color printed manual available with the physical version.
3. The game will sell for $34.99 Download / $44.99 Physical.
4. The download version will be available free for owners of Panzer Command: Kharkov.
5. There will be a demo available before the release, so stay tuned to Matrix Games to give Panzer Command: Ostfront a spin before it’s out!

Erik Rutins, Director of Product Development at Matrix Games, said “We think newcomers to the Panzer Command engine and veterans from Operation Winter Storm or Kharkov will have a lot to be happy about with Ostfront. If the screenshots aren’t enough to whet some armchair generals’ appetites, the playable demo will truly show the excellence of Panzer Command: Ostfront.”

Experience the Panzer Command series of tactical wargames. In the new Panzer Command: Ostfront, you are a company-level commander on either the Soviet or German side, fighting on the Eastern Front. Preserve your men and defeat the enemy, there is no other way! Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface.

Each decision you make as a commander must be weighed carefully. You will find that the gameplay is balanced to reward historically successful tactics while the AI will punish rash choices. The victory system for scenarios and campaigns rewards multiple strategies and evaluates your performance and rank after each battle.

After you have played through the 70+ included scenarios and 10 campaigns (including updated versions of all of the previous Winterstorm and Kharkov content), the Random Battle and Random Campaign generators allow you create new content with just a few clicks using the provided presets for nearly infinite replayability.

For scenario designers and modders, an innovative new Map Maker allows you to create your own realistic 3D maps from 500m to 2km scale based on actual historical locations with auto-generation features that help you create natural 3D landscapes quickly and easily. In conjunction with the powerful Scenario and Campaign Editors and the fully open unit data and models, this means that you have unprecedented access to modify the existing campaigns, maps, units and scenarios or create your own. There has never been a more open 3D tactical WWII wargame.

The list of improvements is too long for this release, but please check the Panzer Command: Ostfront product page for the full list and more information and be sure to check out the new screenshots!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2789072

Good Hunting.

MR
04-30-2011, 08:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2011, 08:34 AM by Wolfgang.)
This game looks really cool. I'll be getting a copy for sure.
Any idea if they plan a vietnam mod for this game or if the graphics are mod'able (I've been doing a lot of 3D graphics lately)?
Send this user an email
05-03-2011, 10:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011, 01:51 AM by Mad Russian.)
Vietnam has been discussed but we don't have a priority list at the moment. Currently there are only some expansion packs being discussed and PC4 which will cover some part of the fighting in North West Europe. If PCO is any indication that will probably be the entire war in NWE.

Everything to do with the PC series is moddable. You can mod the infantry, vehicles, weapons, terrain, buildings, aircraft, map textures,....literally everything.

One of the reasons we don't have a priority list is because the game is so moddable. We're not sure where the modding community will take the game. Our main aim is to improve the game system and give you guys more game play and interface options while we move to a new time period.

PC is evolving very much into a construction kit for tactical games. With PCO the game series has already been set firmly in that direction and the follow up games will continue with that. There are to be improvements made to the infantry combat system, add destructible terrain, as well as more detailed CAS and the inclusion of AAA.

Once the system has all the combat models in place, armor/infantry/AAA/CAS then modders can take the PC series wherever they want to go with it.

PCO will be the second step in that process. The major improvements brought to the system by PCK was the first step. With PC4 the evolution should be completed to give you a game system that is only limited in the scope of the gaming community and Matrix' support of the system.

Good Hunting.

MR
05-03-2011, 11:15 AM,
I am counting the days 'till release date.