• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

v1.05 Wish List
08-30-2010, 07:13 AM,
RE: v1.05 Wish List
Game plays best without armor facing..........that's something more suited to the CM engine..........just an opinion.........but hell I'm just an old guy and you don't want to pay no mind to what I think :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2010, 10:42 AM,
I don't like armor exposing their rear in retreat, but I like setting up ambushes for the rear shot after they've passed by, which is why I don't normally play with it off. Be nice if there were a compromise.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-31-2010, 02:07 AM,
New scout units ability: ‘look around’ (or sth. like that) it may cost 70 – 75% of AP and will reveal or may reveal with some probability enemy units in LOS in the same turn.
08-31-2010, 03:35 AM,
(08-31-2010, 02:07 AM)von Manstein Wrote: New scout units ability: ‘look around’ (or sth. like that) it may cost 70 – 75% of AP and will reveal or may reveal with some probability enemy units in LOS in the same turn.

I have been quietly begging for this for eons.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
08-31-2010, 07:53 AM,
Let's not forget better mouse control, like wheel mouse scrolling to zoom in and out and right click functions for easier/quicker menu functions.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-31-2010, 11:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2010, 11:50 AM by Troll.)
Just some thoughts about the 1.05 update. I guess you could call this a train and a heavy transportation post since during WWII trains and heavy transportation were essential to both the allies and the axis. As far as trains go I feel that train flat cars would greatly improve the realism of the game. These flat cars would be capable of transporting tanks and other heavy and light vehicles and other equipment and to make the loading phase simple by just moving the unit(s) into the flat car hex and click the load/unload icon. You could also load a limbered truck and artillery piece at the same time. Additionally flat bed trucks would also be useful for the same purposes such as transporting landing craft to a river hex for a river crossing. Landing craft were transported by flat bed trucks and the landing craft were used for river crossings. Loading would also be simple by moving the flat bed truck into the hex of the unit(s) you want to load.

Being able to expand the strength point loss and forces dialog screens by clicking and dragging the sides to give a larger view of the information they contain.
Placing the firing range and movement icons on the scenario editor tool bar.
Placing the visible hex icon on the map editor.

Cheers

Joe
08-31-2010, 04:00 PM,
(08-31-2010, 11:47 AM)Troll Wrote: Placing the firing range and movement icons on the scenario editor tool bar.
Placing the visible hex icon on the map editor.

Cheers

Joe

Excellent ideas!!!
09-01-2010, 10:34 PM,
I think what Hawk was was suggesting was a motorized leader in a scenario which came with the game, which you should not edit, and have the leader get out of his staff car, park it under a shady tree and get his feet wet in a marsh or swamp where a normal leader in a car can't go.

Cheers

Joe
09-02-2010, 12:36 AM,
(09-01-2010, 10:34 PM)Troll Wrote: I think what Hawk was was suggesting was a motorized leader in a scenario which came with the game, which you should not edit, and have the leader get out of his staff car, park it under a shady tree and get his feet wet in a marsh or swamp where a normal leader in a car can't go.

Cheers

Joe

Putting a foot bound leader into a jeep would do the same thing.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
09-02-2010, 03:12 AM,
I understand what your saying Jason but I was referring to the motorized leaders that are present in the OB and are in place in the scenarios which came with the game and which can not get out of their vehicle and the OB which should not be edited so the leader can get out and walk around because it changes the scenario which people play in the ladder system. I was referring to code being written in the next update which would allow the motorized leaders to get out and walk around in the pre existing scenarios which came with the game. I have done what you said in a few scenarios by placing a foot leader in a car so he could get out and go where his troops go :)

Cheers

Joe