• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

v1.05 Wish List
08-27-2010, 01:17 PM,
RE: v1.05 Wish List
(08-26-2010, 02:09 PM)mTk(FGM) Wrote: I'd REALLY like to see the ASDN patch as an option and compatible with all CS games. That shouldn't be so hard, should it?

I'd like to give a very loud "second" to that!
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2010, 07:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2010, 07:12 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
(08-27-2010, 01:17 PM)XLVIII Pz. Korp Wrote:
(08-26-2010, 02:09 PM)mTk(FGM) Wrote: I'd REALLY like to see the ASDN patch as an option and compatible with all CS games. That shouldn't be so hard, should it?

From a discussion in 2008:

(07-30-2008, 01:55 PM)Jason Petho Wrote:
XLVIII Pz. Korp Wrote:Did Matrix ever give any thought to adopting the changes that were in the EF ASDN patch? Seems like that would've done pretty much in itself; increased chances for units remaining hidden after fire, AFV's turning back towards the direction of fire after they retreated... etc.

I know the ASDN patch didn't include any eye candy, OOB changes, fixes, or new units but it sure did spice up the T/S EF.

Just wondering....

Thanks

Most of the elements that were part of the ASDN patch have already been implemented, with the exception of the AFV's backing up.

Jason Petho

cheers

HSL
08-27-2010, 10:36 PM,
A separate ammo level for artillery
08-28-2010, 02:41 AM,
More than one level of disruption. Let’s say orange "D" the same consequences as now, another fire result "disruption" (or two times) will change orange "D" to red. Consequence of that may be that disrupted unit with high probability during enemy assault will surrender (without surrounding it). And black "D" (after 5 or 6 Disrupted results) – new fire result: scatter (practically: eliminated).
08-28-2010, 02:15 PM,
(08-27-2010, 07:11 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote:
(08-27-2010, 01:17 PM)XLVIII Pz. Korp Wrote:

From a discussion in 2008:

(07-30-2008, 01:55 PM)Jason Petho Wrote:
XLVIII Pz. Korp Wrote:Did Matrix ever give any thought to adopting the changes that were in the EF ASDN patch? Seems like that would've done pretty much in itself; increased chances for units remaining hidden after fire, AFV's turning back towards the direction of fire after they retreated... etc.

I know the ASDN patch didn't include any eye candy, OOB changes, fixes, or new units but it sure did spice up the T/S EF.

Just wondering....

Thanks

Most of the elements that were part of the ASDN patch have already been implemented, with the exception of the AFV's backing up.

Jason Petho

cheers

HSL

True enough, but I'm still hoping for the armor facing after retreat. Big Grin

Cheers
GC
08-28-2010, 03:42 PM,
(08-28-2010, 02:41 AM)von Manstein Wrote: More than one level of disruption. Let’s say orange "D" the same consequences as now, another fire result "disruption" (or two times) will change orange "D" to red. Consequence of that may be that disrupted unit with high probability during enemy assault will surrender (without surrounding it). And black "D" (after 5 or 6 Disrupted results) – new fire result: scatter (practically: eliminated).

This sounds like the PanzerBlitz and Panzer Leader games. That brings back memories.
08-29-2010, 05:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2010, 05:42 AM by mTk(FGM).)

Jason Petho

cheers

HSL
------------------

I always thought that the whole point of the ASDN patch WAS AFV's backing. Besides, I don't normally like "armor facing off", but without ASDN I'm starting to lean that way now.
08-29-2010, 02:15 PM,
I would like to see if we can improve the online game. I believe a lot more folks would play online if it wasn't such a hit and miss on being able to connect.
08-29-2010, 11:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2010, 11:25 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
Cole, excellent idea. :thumbs_up:

Definitely bring about a interest in designers for making new smaller scenarios? :chin:

cheers

HSL
(08-29-2010, 05:40 AM)mTk(FGM) Wrote: I always thought that the whole point of the ASDN patch WAS AFV's backing. Besides, I don't normally like "armor facing off", but without ASDN I'm starting to lean that way now.

In lieu of the only thing that was not implemented I thought that was a compromise. :chin:
I'm not a big fan of armor facing being off. But, everyone has choices?

BTW, nice to see you posting back on the CS forums! :smoke:

cheers

HSL
08-30-2010, 04:38 AM,
BTW, nice to see you posting back on the CS forums!
HSL
------------
Hi HSL!
I've been spending the last few years pretty much playing CM and I do it with the FGM crowd because of the tournament opportunities.

However, with the re-release of CS and the upgrades I'm back playing some and The Blitz is the place for that! Still just kind of putting my toes in the water. If you have a game you'd like to play as Allies let me know.

The more I think of it, w/o the ASDN patch the more I see the logic of not using armor facing. Free rear shots don't really make much sense do they?