• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France 14 Things that would help
08-22-2010, 12:57 AM,
France 14 Things that would help
I think the following would help a player and they arise only due to the night rules. (nothing wrong with the rules).

1 Can the movement areas be modified so that hexes that can not be entered without disrupting units are not highlighted. I often disrupt something because I forget that it is overstacked and loses the road ability

2 Can the Formation movement function have a night key or something so that only up to the units that would not cause disruption can move as part of the 1st stack that moves

Also a minor thing but the AI needs to be told it can move broken units at night that would help it break contact.

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2010, 05:25 AM,
RE: France 14 Things that would help
"Can the movement areas be modified so that hexes that can not be entered without disrupting units are not highlighted. I often disrupt something because I forget that it is overstacked and loses the road ability."

You have to move units one by one at night Mike. There is no getting around it. jonny :(
08-22-2010, 08:03 AM,
(08-22-2010, 12:57 AM)Mike Bowen Wrote: Also a minor thing but the AI needs to be told it can move broken units at night that would help it break contact.

Not a bad suggestion, I will see if something can be done about that.
Send this user an email
08-22-2010, 12:14 PM,
FWIW Ed,

If the F14 menu is based on the PzC games, then there already is a menu item for this issue. I do not think many people playing the games use it much.

Menu>View>Highlight>Road Stacking Limits

The cool part about this command is it is dynamic and will update the map as you move units or stacks around. If you move a unit into a stacked hex that causes the road limit to be exceeded, then the stack will be highlighted. No need to move units one at a time as suggested.

If you are moving a stack along a road in "T"ravel mode, then be sure to right click the information bar when the stack is alone in a hex. the system will do the math and add up the stack size for you; even if it is a mixed stack of men, guns, and vehicles. The result is always shown as men. This is easily compared to the road stacking limit value in the pdt. If the stack is close to the limit, expect the off road rate if there is even one unit in the road hex you are about to enter.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
08-22-2010, 03:55 PM,
(08-22-2010, 12:14 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: FWIW Ed,

If the F14 menu is based on the PzC games, then there already is a menu item for this issue. I do not think many people playing the games use it much.

Menu>View>Highlight>Road Stacking Limits

The cool part about this command is it is dynamic and will update the map as you move units or stacks around. If you move a unit into a stacked hex that causes the road limit to be exceeded, then the stack will be highlighted. No need to move units one at a time as suggested.

If you are moving a stack along a road in "T"ravel mode, then be sure to right click the information bar when the stack is alone in a hex. the system will do the math and add up the stack size for you; even if it is a mixed stack of men, guns, and vehicles. The result is always shown as men. This is easily compared to the road stacking limit value in the pdt. If the stack is close to the limit, expect the off road rate if there is even one unit in the road hex you are about to enter.

Yes, good advice indeed! It is always good to refer to that right click stack counter too in order to make sure you don't box in units to where they cannot retreat. I have been known to do this by accident. :(
Send this user an email
08-22-2010, 09:44 PM,
Dog Soldier

Many thanks will give that a try (does it take into account the night disruption rule though)

A case of an old Dog teaching new tricksBig Grin

I am sooooooo funny:happy:
08-22-2010, 11:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2010, 11:21 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
Well you need to know what the road stacking limit is (in this case 2600)
so if when using the excellent feature highlighted by DS (which i had forgotten about :hissy: ) you will know if you are safe to move or not.
08-23-2010, 03:18 AM,
"If the F14 menu is based on the PzC games, then there already is a menu item for this issue. I do not think many people playing the games use it much.

Menu>View>Highlight>Road Stacking Limits"

THANK YOU! jonny Big Grin