• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"Clearing mines" (in black) and "Clearing mines" (in orange)
08-18-2010, 05:51 PM,
"Clearing mines" (in black) and "Clearing mines" (in orange)
What's the difference?
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2010, 11:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2010, 11:19 PM by Nitram Draw.)
RE: "Clearing mines" (in black) and "Clearing mines" (in orange)
The ones in Orange are making a fashion statement! :)
08-19-2010, 12:27 AM,
Clearing mines (black) = has not expended MP and is in good order.
Clearing mines (orange) = has expended MP (and/or is disrupted?)
08-19-2010, 03:38 AM,
(08-19-2010, 12:27 AM)cazart! Wrote: Clearing mines (black) = has not expended MP and is in good order.
Clearing mines (orange) = has expended MP (and/or is disrupted?)

So if it's in orange they'll take longer to clean the minefield?
08-19-2010, 04:22 AM,
I am assuming you are talking about the words that appear in a white box on an engineers image when the unit enters a mine hex?

If you are then the colour of these words has no effect on gameplay.
08-19-2010, 04:46 AM,
I think he is talking about the color of the text on the engineer unit's portrait when it is sitting in the minefield. Mike is correct in what the colors stand for, but the end result means that Orange Text means that the engineer unit is assigned to clear the minefield, but cannot do so on this turn because it either just moved into it, or it is disrupted. If the text is black, then that means it WILL reduce the minefield at the start of the next turn provided that the enemy does not disrupt it on his turn.

So, basically Orange text means that no minefield reduction will occur from that unit by the next turn.
Send this user an email
08-19-2010, 04:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2010, 04:50 AM by P.Ako.)
(08-19-2010, 04:46 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: I think he is talking about the color of the text on the engineer unit's portrait when it is sitting in the minefield. Mike is correct in what the colors stand for, but the end result means that Orange Text means that the engineer unit is assigned to clear the minefield, but cannot do so on this turn because it either just moved into it, or it is disrupted. If the text is black, then that means it WILL reduce the minefield at the start of the next turn provided that the enemy does not disrupt it on his turn.

So, basically Orange text means that no minefield reduction will occur from that unit by the next turn.
Ok, you understood me perfectly. Thanks
08-19-2010, 09:11 AM,
(08-19-2010, 04:46 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: So, basically Orange text means that no minefield reduction will occur from that unit by the next turn.

In my experience, it's a little different. Of course, if the engineer is disrupted, then it will be orange and the engineer won't clear anything. If the engineer unit is in good order, then it's possible to command the engineer to stop clearance operations at the start of the turn, shoot or close assault with the engineer unit during the turn, and then put the engineer unit back on clearance operations. If the engineer unit didn't get disrupted in the course of performing those other activities, then it will perform clearance operations the same way black lettered engineers do.