• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Best software to get screenshots of spww2???
08-18-2010, 12:18 AM,
Best software to get screenshots of spww2???
Hello fellow commanders,

I need a help, after trying to take screenshots from wspww2 using PAINT or paintshop 7 I only got black images :(
Any clue about which the best software for the task???
Any help would be fully appreciated :)

Cheers

VB
[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2010, 02:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2010, 04:46 AM by Cross.)
RE: Best software to get screenshots of spww2???
Irfanview is excellent for SP screen capture, and it's free:

http://www.irfanview.com/

I recommend also installing the standard Irfanview plugins. You have to download the Irfanview PlugIns seperately. Just click on the plugins link at the Irfanview website, and then download the plugins 4.27 executable file, which is almost 8MB, a lot larger than the regular Irfanview file.

Here's how I set it up to take screenshots:

1. Go to OPTIONS then to CAPTURE/SCREENSHOT to open the Capture Setup Window.

2. Check 'Foreground Window - Client area'

3. Take note of your 'Hot Key' button (top right of window).

4. Choose 'Include mouse cursor' or not.

5. Check 'Save captured image as file'

6. File name: example: SP_%H%M%S

By using the above file name you can capture multiple shots. Each screenshot will be named "SP_XXXXXXX" with the hour (24hr clock) minutes and seconds.

7. Take note of/change the 'Destination directory' as this is where all the screen shot files will be saved.

8. Save as JPG or BMP or whatever you like. BMP is often better if you intend to edit the files.

9. Click on the OPTIONS button in the Capture Setup window (not available for some file types, for example you get additional options for GIF and JPG but not BMP).

One option is a file size limit. Check the 'Set File Size' button, if you want to limit the file weight (eg. 1MB)
To do this you must have the KB (RIOT PlugIn) which comes with Irfanview's standard plugIns.

10. Click OK, then click START in the Capture Setup Window, and then you have to leave Irfanview open in the background while you take screenshots.

Hope this helps.
08-18-2010, 12:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2010, 12:55 PM by Imp.)
I second Simon it works a treat

Note once its set up it remembers the settings so just press C (for capture) & start

Very easy to crop in afterwards as well if need to or make a Panorama joining multiple images & is a much better image viewer than the system standard

On most systems though the game must be in windowed mode for screenshots otherwise get garbled colours.
08-19-2010, 10:43 AM,
(08-18-2010, 02:14 AM)Cross Wrote: Irfanview is excellent for SP screen capture, and it's free:

http://www.irfanview.com/

I recommend also installing the standard Irfanview plugins. You have to download the Irfanview PlugIns seperately. Just click on the plugins link at the Irfanview website, and then download the plugins 4.27 executable file, which is almost 8MB, a lot larger than the regular Irfanview file.

Here's how I set it up to take screenshots:

1. Go to OPTIONS then to CAPTURE/SCREENSHOT to open the Capture Setup Window.

2. Check 'Foreground Window - Client area'

3. Take note of your 'Hot Key' button (top right of window).

4. Choose 'Include mouse cursor' or not.

5. Check 'Save captured image as file'

6. File name: example: SP_%H%M%S

By using the above file name you can capture multiple shots. Each screenshot will be named "SP_XXXXXXX" with the hour (24hr clock) minutes and seconds.

7. Take note of/change the 'Destination directory' as this is where all the screen shot files will be saved.

8. Save as JPG or BMP or whatever you like. BMP is often better if you intend to edit the files.

9. Click on the OPTIONS button in the Capture Setup window (not available for some file types, for example you get additional options for GIF and JPG but not BMP).

One option is a file size limit. Check the 'Set File Size' button, if you want to limit the file weight (eg. 1MB)
To do this you must have the KB (RIOT PlugIn) which comes with Irfanview's standard plugIns.

10. Click OK, then click START in the Capture Setup Window, and then you have to leave Irfanview open in the background while you take screenshots.

Hope this helps.

Hey Cross!!
Thanks a lot for your help bud!!!Big Grin:bow:

Already testing your tutorial!

Cheers

VB

Imp, thanks for the input !
[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
08-21-2010, 05:26 AM,
(08-18-2010, 12:18 AM)Von Bismarck Wrote: Hello fellow commanders,

I need a help, after trying to take screenshots from wspww2 using PAINT or paintshop 7 I only got black images :(
Any clue about which the best software for the task???
Any help would be fully appreciated :)

Cheers

VB

Hi I run the game in window mode and use a free tool MWsnap
You can get it at http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/index.html