• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

H2H Testers
08-16-2010, 10:59 PM,
H2H Testers
I am seeking testers for a SPWWII scenario that i uploaded to the H2H Productions section. I designed it and it was included in the 4.25 patch. The scenario is named "Long Night at Sbeitla" and is a night action in the Kasserine area 1943. Be forewarned that in it's current form, it is a difficult win for the Americans.
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2010, 11:11 AM,
RE: H2H Testers
Hi Razgator

I have started this scenario vs wigam.
Not sure how long it will take.

First thing:
I have two 105mm Howitzers.
Their icons are not showing up correctly.
They show the SPww2 'circle' that is the default if there is no icon.

Either you have made this scenario in an earlier version of SP...we are at v 4.25 now. The earlier version must have had

...or you have created the scenario using an altered OOB. You should always use a stock OOB to start your build...and then you can alter the unit's data from there.

It looks like a tough scenario for the USA.
The deployment is terrible :-(
No unit cohesion at all...platoons scattered all across the map.
I shall spend the first few turns trying to get some platoons back together so they have some rally ability from their unit commanders.
I assume that is to emulate the confusion you wrote of in the details.

Can I say, if you are writing this scenario primarily for players of PBEM, you should avoid the naming system you have used. It is terribly annoying to have to work out what unit you have all the time. I am sure over the length of the battle I will get used to it, but on the whole it slows down my understanding of my force, which is no fun at the start of a battle.
I know many other players will avoid playing a scenario where the units have been renamed.

Also, in a PBEM, any naming you do that helps the enemy gather intel on your strength (or weakness) should be avoided.
I want my Sherman Co Commander to be labeled "Sherman" not "bla bla HQ". It makes him a target.I will now spend ages in this battle re-naming units so I know what I am looking at swiftly.

OK, I figure you are looking for some constructive criticism, so I try to offer some.

I am interested to see how the battle progresses.
Thanks for making it an posting it up for testing.

Walrus
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Quote this message in a reply