• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Lowlander's terrain graphics mod for SB
08-16-2010, 02:41 AM,
Lowlander's terrain graphics mod for SB
Gents,

Another set of really nice graphics enhancements is now available over at TFE4, this time by Lowlander.

[Image: 7d8301ad6cMud.JPG]

This work is widely applicable to most SB titles, and can be mixed and matched with other mods out there, as the picture above shows. (they are mixed with IronX's graphics files...)

Kudos to Lowlander for some really excellent stuff!
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2010, 03:33 AM,
RE: Lowlander's terrain graphics mod for SB
I've been playing AOTR with them for the past few days, and I like them. Thanks Lowlander! Soon every game will have a different mod. ;)

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

08-16-2010, 04:29 AM,
(08-16-2010, 03:33 AM)Mad_Dog Wrote: I've been playing AOTR with them for the past few days, and I like them. Thanks Lowlander! Soon every game will have a different mod. ;)

Must admit I'm pretty chuffed with the conversion, ( please read the notes ) IMO the hexes blend in very well with the contours which are more more pronounced as the elevation changes are more distinctive.

Alan, hav'nt checked but are these my final rendition which I sent last night or early hours today, promise I won't make another alteration.
08-16-2010, 05:10 AM,
Why is there a koala bear sitting in the middle of the roadway? Is this a scenario from Down Under? :)
08-16-2010, 05:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-16-2010, 05:39 AM by Lowlander.)
(08-16-2010, 05:10 AM)Rabbit Wrote: Why is there a koala bear sitting in the middle of the roadway? Is this a scenario from Down Under? :)

What's that Matilda, you left the koala so as we could carry more of the amber nectar, good girl he was only a hanger on anyhow !!!.
08-16-2010, 06:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-16-2010, 06:40 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
Ian--the files on the site are new, but the pic is the previous iteration. I was too busy to put a new set of screen-shots up!

Bill--The teddy bear is the 'booby trap' icon from IronX's graphics. I've actually mentioned to him about making that look a little more authentic. The Full Metal Jacketesque booby trap was cool, but it does look a touch out of place in the middle of 1950's Indochina!

Abram--the files were changed today, so DL the newest ones

:)

The combination of Ian's mud graphics go really well with IronX's other goodies. It's a really nice mix-and-match opportunity there....
08-16-2010, 06:58 AM,
(08-16-2010, 06:33 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: Ian--the files on the site are new, but the pic is the previous iteration. I was too busy to put a new set of screen-shots up!

Bill--The teddy bear is the 'booby trap' icon from IronX's graphics. I've actually mentioned to him about making that look a little more authentic. The Full Metal Jacketesque booby trap was cool, but it does look a touch out of place in the middle of 1950's Indochina!

Abram--the files were changed today, so DL the newest ones

:)

The combination of Ian's mud graphics go really well with IronX's other goodies. It's a really nice mix-and-match opportunity there....

The graphics look pretty :cool:.

From what I've read & seen on TV koalas have pretty sharp teeth and can be very bad tempered so maybe the teddy bear is an appropriate booby trap icon...:eek1:
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
08-16-2010, 01:22 PM,
Excellent map mods. The hills look amazing! I love the shading distinction of each elevation. It looks just like some of the best boardgame maps I've seen.

Very well done! Thanks Lowlander.
08-16-2010, 10:46 PM,
To avoid any sort of confusion, what you're seeing in that screen shot is a version of DBP that has Lowlander's terrain features, namely the mud tiles, superimposed onto a graphics package that contains a lot of IronX's goodies, such as the wire, trenches, tabs and the like. I wanted to show the mud tiles and DBP was the best option, but I don't have a plain vanilla version of the game any longer, so I went with what I had.

What you'll get with these files are only terrain features. The other stuff is available as well, through IronX's work.