• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some rarities from Finnish Aviation Museum
08-16-2010, 12:17 AM,
RE: Some rarities from Finnish Aviation Museum
(08-15-2010, 09:12 PM)Huib Versloot Wrote: It seems everybody in Finland is building Brewster Buffalos!

I have a fair idea how i'm going to do it now. Thanks for all the directions.

@ Ed, building on 1/300 must be quite a challenge. It is so small. On the other hand it saves space when you display them. One of the reasons I went from 1/48 to 1/72 was lack of space.

I'll post a few pics when I finish the Buffalo.

cheers

Hi Huib,

The 1/300th scale only contains assembly when they are larger bombers or a more detailed fighter.
They are die cast metal and only need a bit of clean up prior to painting. I had an adventure putting the Swastika decals on the tail fins of the Bf-109s!
Also painting the eyes of the pilots were a bit tough, (that is a joke as no pilots are included in 1/300). ;)

I'll try to get some of the planes together and take a few pictures with some coins to show what the scale really looks like. :smoke:
Sadly, my eyes are not what they used to be and I have more planes to paint then I can actually see. :(

cheers

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2010, 06:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2010, 06:17 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: Some rarities from Finnish Aviation Museum
(08-15-2010, 09:12 PM)Huib Versloot Wrote: It seems everybody in Finland is building Brewster Buffalos!

Hawker Hurricanes as well. :)

I know there is a (almost) fully functional Hawker Hurricane Mk I somewhere in the country, but I have managed to miss it everytime it has been on public display.

Apparently still in the original condition, including the paint job and everything, for some reason they have not consider it worthy of continuous display :mad:

Here's some pictures, pls note the original British camo appearing under the Finnish camo: http://www.virtualpilots.fi/feature/phot...ustus2004/

Twelve Hurricanes were bought from UK at the time of Winter War.

PS Ed, looking forward for seeing your miniatures as well! cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply