• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stratadies of War?
08-23-2010, 06:16 AM,
RE: Stratadies of War?
There is no such thing as a 'sure thing' when talking about tactics. OK is always beneficial to have an idea as to how you are going to use your forces when you pick them, but you have to be able adapt and change your tactics to both the ground over which you fight and how your opponent acts/reacts. It's an idiot that either expects his opponent to do the same thing every time they play, or is unwilling to change their plans.
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2010, 07:03 AM,
RE: Stratadies of War?
There might not be such a thing as a "sure thing", but there must be tactics that do increase our odds of being successful. I think that tactics might be alot less able to adapt and change then is strategy. You can always change your tactics during a battle, as Willow points out, but how much of an effort is it to do so, and does a change in tactics reduce your odds of winning with reguards to CM because of the time limit imposed by the game?
And as for being an idiot for expecting the other guy to use the same plans over and over again, I am suprised to see that it does happen quite a bit, and I include myself in the band of guilty players. We are creatures of habit afterall, it is not such an easy task to change one's self.
Quote this message in a reply