• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBB AND WINDOWS 7
08-07-2010, 02:04 PM,
CMBB AND WINDOWS 7
Is CMBB, AK even compatible with Windows 7?

Have new computer with Windows 7. Have exhausted my 10 download tries for CMBB at Battlefront site (out $25.00 unless they show mercy).
My downloads attempts went from 20-93% complete, then download stopped. Couple of time got corrupt file error message. Norton security didn't seem to like the download either although I used their let it run anyway option.
Best buy tells me they can upgrade my OS for $200 to enable it to point to previous versions of Windows.

Any ideas for an old grognard?

Kije
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2010, 04:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2010, 04:35 PM by Ratzki.)
RE: CMBB AND WINDOWS 7
I would tell Battlefront what has gone on and see if they can send you the hard copy in the mail. I am sure that they would do it. I f not post here again, and we can see what we can do. I do not know if it works on Windows 7.
08-13-2010, 03:01 PM,
[quote='Ratzki' pid='327542' dateline='1281162891']
I would tell Battlefront what has gone on and see if they can send you the hard copy in the mail. I am sure that they would do it. I f not post here again, and we can see what we can do. I do not know if it works on Windows 7.
[/quote

Battlefront responded (on a Sunday) within 24 hours giving me an extra
download chance. Good customer service.

Something told me to call Norton first. They spent 30 minutes sharing control with my machine to drop firewalls, etc. until download successful.
Also had to temporarily disable the screen saver since if this goes blank, download stops.

Now, I'm back on the Russian Front with my newly installed CMBB on Windows 7.

Two points for Windows 7. First, save (not open) the CMBB PBEM attachment to PBEM folder. You won't see the .txt file there until you click "compatability files" where your .txt file is hidden. Then copy and paste to PBEM folder. Also, make sure you give yourself full adminstrator privileges by clicking properties and then security on PBEM folder.

Thanks for the good advice.
08-13-2010, 03:40 PM,
Good ol' Microsoft, nothing like screwing around with stuff, just when you get used to it working one way, they go and change it on a guy.
08-13-2010, 11:28 PM,
(08-13-2010, 03:01 PM)captainkije Wrote: Two points for Windows 7. First, save (not open) the CMBB PBEM attachment to PBEM folder. You won't see the .txt file there until you click "compatability files" where your .txt file is hidden. Then copy and paste to PBEM folder. Also, make sure you give yourself full adminstrator privileges by clicking properties and then security on PBEM folder.

Thanks for the good advice.

So you're saying the game works just like it did on XP, with fog effects and everything? If so I may try to put everything on my windows 7 computer.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift