• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Normandy Grand Campaign AAR
12-25-2007, 10:05 AM,
Normandy Grand Campaign AAR
Hi folks,

After my unsuccessful attempt last time, I'll post a AAR of my own version of Normandy 750 turns monster.

Brammer as Allied and me as Axis.

I'll post images,(at last I've created my photobucket account), it will start slowly (action from 6th June will be post when 7th June will be done, and so on).

BTW: it's raining allied paratroopers over Normandy!
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2008, 10:31 PM,
RE: Normandy Grand Campaign AAR
First day finished, as soon second day is about to finish I'll post day 1 text and screenshots.

Bests
César
02-06-2008, 01:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2008, 01:48 AM by Indragnir.)
Hi!

Second day is finished, so I'll post day 1 AAR.

General Situation:
[Image: SituacionGeneralD-Day.jpg]

6 June. 22.00 (Axis turn) VP. Allies Major Defeat.

84 AK (From Cherburg to Caen)

Carentan Area:
[Image: Dia1Carentan.jpg]

84 AK Korps Troops (mainly Schnelle Brigade and FJ rgt 6) hold Carentan bridges despite heavy air, naval and ground fire.
91th LWD: They hold the line from Azeville-Fresville-Orglandes-St Sauver-Crettenville.

Juno + Gold Area:
[Image: Dia1JunoyGold.jpg]

Sword:
[Image: Dia1Sword.jpg]

716th ID: this poor quality division slowd allied advance at Gold, Juno and Sword quite succesfully but allied preasure is taking its toll on them.

Omaha Area:
[Image: Dia1Omaha.jpg]

352th ID: very extended: 914th Rgt holds along Korps Troops at Carentan area, 916th Rgt still holds some terrain at Omaha, they are fighting inland allied troops near Surrain-Bellefontaine.

The Paras:
[Image: Dia1Paras.jpg]

21th PzD: Mainly at Caen area and hold againts British paras.

Overall : Despite raining fire from Naval and Air forces, Day 1 showed Omaha still holding, the rest beaches were breached as I presumed.
Caretan bridges could not be blown and Allied forces (4th ID and paras) seems to drive through Carentan rather than Montebourg.
21st PzD Recon elements pressed british paras a little, but only minor combats.
Not a bad day 1 for axis forces
02-08-2008, 10:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2008, 11:02 AM by Brammer.)
My two cents worth. :rolleyes:

The attack for the bridges near Caretan continues. I hope to deny the germans the ability to blow those bridges. This will result in the german not being able to redeploy the airborne units. I hope that by gaining Caretan this will stretch the germans and make him less able to solidify a front line. :P

The Omaha beach area is a prue mess. The allies have made no headway at all. Fiery

I was expecting an attack on the british airborne but that never occured. Odd! :conf:

The canucks and brits have made some ground off gold sword and juno but not as much as I would have liked.:hissy:
03-19-2008, 07:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2008, 07:25 AM by Indragnir.)
7 June. 22.00 (Axis turn) Allies Major Defeat

7th Army:

[Image: Dia2general.jpg]

Korps Troops (mainly Schnelle Brigade and FJ rgt 6). Heavy air, naval and ground fire rained upon them. The Allied make in this area their maximum effort (4th ID plus 101th AB). Axis forces hold Carentan bridges almost all day, by dusk they retreat a bit, leaving the bridges in Allied hands.
[Image: Dia2Carentan.jpg]

709th ID: Fighting near Fresville and holds Azeville bunker.
243th ID: Holding between Merderet river and St Sauveur. See little fighting
91th LWD: after a day of figthing, this division is pulled out of combat to rest and reagroup. (not those at Carentan)

[Image: Dia2Montebourg.jpg]

352th ID: they start retreating slowly, they hold by end of day Isigny, Trevieres and Bayeux.
[Image: Dia2Omaha.jpg]

716th ID: suffered many casualties holding Gold, June and Sword areas and only 736th Rgt is a battle ready by end of day.
Elemnts of 346th and 711th ID moving and recapturing a bridge over the Dives.
21th PzD: Elements of recon bat fighting against the paras. Elements of PzG rgt 125 hold between Steel Works and Troarn.
[Image: Dia2GoldJuno.jpg]

[Image: Dia2Paras.jpg]

[Image: Dia2Sword.jpg]

5th Pz Army

I PzKs:
12th SS PzD: remains hidden, waiting for allied to show their cards.

47 PzKs:
Panzer Lehr Division: same as 12SS.

Overall: after two intense days infantry divisions begin to crumble while it seems allied forces could keep pressing all day-night long.
However, armor reserves have seen no action yet so they're in good shape.
Allied now control Carentan bridges and it's a risky situation for axis forces.
03-19-2008, 09:09 AM,
At the end of day 2 the following is my take on the situation.

The bridges at Carentan have fallen to the the americans This is pressuring the germans a lot. The german airborne units are taking a pounding in the area around Carentan. Big Grin

Omaha has been breached and the allies are driving on Bayeux and Treviers. :cool:

The drive on Caen is slowing due to losses and mounting fatigue. I am still surprised that there has been no counter attack by the panzer divisions. :chin:

The german infantry around Troarn are taking a beating by navel fire and mortar fire. :whis:
05-14-2008, 12:08 AM,
Excellent read. Keep in coming please.
07-06-2008, 10:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2008, 10:53 PM by Indragnir.)
8th June. (Axis turn). Allies Major Defeat.

7th Army:

Korps Troops (mainly Schnelle Brigade and FJ rgt 6) heavy air, naval and ground fire rained upon them (third straight day). Allied pushed axis forces to Sainteny, axis forces in this area are suffering terrible.

[Image: Dia3Carentan.jpg]

91th LWD: pulled out of combat. (not those at Carentan)
709th ID: Fighting near Fresville and holds Azeville bunker.
243th ID: Holding between Merderet river and St Sauveur. See little fighting

[Image: Dia3StMereEglise.jpg]

716th ID: almost out of combat

21th PzD: fighting for Cambes, Buron and Epron against elements of 27th ArmB, 2nd Can ArmB, 3rd Can. ID and british commandos, armor from 21th inflicted heavy loses upon allied armor.
Elemnts of 346th and 711th ID moving to help Troarn defenses.

47 PzKs: 5th Pz Army
Panzer Lehr Division: Touffreville Tank Battle: spotted 27th Arm B and armor elementos from 3rd ID at Toufreville , attacked them in force, inflicting heavy loses on them, forcing them to withdraw

[Image: Dia3Caen.jpg]

[Image: Dia3TheParas.jpg]

5th Pz Army

I PzKs:
12th SS PzD: remains hidden, waiting for allied to show their cards. 26th PzG Regiment fighting near Touffreville tank battle.

[Image: Dia3Trevieres.jpg]

General situations is not bad, Caen outer limits are holding well, the Para menace was rebuffed at Touffreville tankbattle and now they're on the defense.
Bocace below Trevieres have minor enemy activity.
However below Caretan allied forces are pushing and pushing fatigued Axis forces, we need reinforcements, luckly they're on the way.
Very little action above Orglandes-Valognes line.

[Image: Dia3General.jpg]
07-07-2008, 09:06 AM,
The americans are off of Omaha and are resting and refitting. What a mess they are. The British and Canadains are advaning inland against Caen. The British airborne units are resting and awaiting reenforcements. In the Utah area the airborne guys are resting and refitting. The US infantry are advaning out of Carentan and putting pressure on the germans. I am afraid that once I get into bocage country the germans will not be budged at all. The defensive bonus are tremendeous. Thank god for navel fire. It seems to do the trick.
09-16-2010, 11:36 AM,
Nice work
how many days did it take it for playing?

arturo

Attached Files
.jpg   jadtiger.jpg (Size: 17.66 KB / Downloads: 28)

Arturo Carretero
Orberststurmführer
4° Pz Div
75 +

There is no Glory without Tears and Blood....

http://pc-war-gaming.blogspot.com/

http://mysecondworldwar.blogspot.com/

Send this user an email