• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F14 update now available from HPS
07-28-2010, 12:25 PM,
RE: F14 update now available from HPS
"But whatever the question: nothing has changed here in regards to A & B quality units."

Ok got it, thank you. I've been firing my A & B quality MG sections separately thinking I was getting a firing bonus. Not so now, nor ever: Good thing to know. Thanks again, jonny;)
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2010, 08:22 PM,
Okay guys, MapMod for France '14 is up to date now. I have added unit cards for the new german units introduced in the new update from Ed. And not to force anyone to another 'big' download, I have made a small 'patch' ( or whatever it should be called ) containing just the new unit cards.

http://www.hist-sdc.com/MapMod/index.htm

:)

Jison
Send this user an email
07-30-2010, 12:58 AM,
Ok, V-Man. Got it on the Belgies.

Now, here's two little problems and a solution to one of them. First, though, let me express my gratitude and admiration for what you and your colleagues have created. This is a really fun game and seems to play to historical accuracy.

Problem #1: The Arty Dialog sometimes disappears after the first unit's fire is plotted.

The solution I have found is to tap the "J" Hotkey, bringing up the jump map. This seems to bring the Arty Dialog back on the screen. The problem only happens with the first unit's plotted fire.

Problem #2: The Arty Dialog doesn't autoscroll to the next unit to plot fire (as in other Tiller Nap/ACW games). This forces the player to constantly use the slider bar to move to each unit before plotting its fire - should be easy to fix.

Ed, there is an believable lack of problems for the first version of a game of this scope. I predict awards for this game. C'mon East Front '14.
Send this user an email
07-30-2010, 06:18 AM,
(07-30-2010, 12:58 AM)tquinn Wrote: Problem #2: The Arty Dialog doesn't autoscroll to the next unit to plot fire (as in other Tiller Nap/ACW games). This forces the player to constantly use the slider bar to move to each unit before plotting its fire - should be easy to fix.

If you double click on the artillery unit in the plot window it will center the map on that unit.
07-30-2010, 07:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2010, 08:11 AM by Volcano Man.)
(07-30-2010, 12:58 AM)tquinn Wrote: Problem #1: The Arty Dialog sometimes disappears after the first unit's fire is plotted.

Hmm, strange, I am not seeing that (Windows 7). Anyone else see this? Did you see this before the 1.01 update too? Seems like it might be a graphical error like the white screen during artillery execution thing, but I have to hear from others who see this as well first.

Also, does this happen in only a specific scenario? If so, which one?

Thanks for the compliments BTW. :)
Send this user an email
07-30-2010, 12:30 PM,
I have not encountered this problem running Windows XP.
07-31-2010, 07:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2010, 11:51 AM by Volcano Man.)
(07-30-2010, 12:58 AM)tquinn Wrote: Problem #1: The Arty Dialog sometimes disappears after the first unit's fire is plotted.

I wonder, are you pressing enter to plot the artillery? If so, then it would probably act as if you pressed the OK button with the mouse. This is probably a dumb question, but just curious...
Send this user an email
07-31-2010, 08:08 PM,
(07-30-2010, 12:30 PM)FM WarB Wrote: I have not encountered this problem running Windows XP.

Fine running on XP with me also.......