• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Game
08-02-2010, 02:47 PM,
RE: Game
There are big difference's. Arty isn't nearly as effective as it is in SPWAW. I've also noticed that both MBT and WW2 operate, on what is refered to in SPWAW, as low carnage settings. Small armsfire isn't as effective as in SPWAW. I do like the graphics and sound effects.
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2010, 04:49 PM,
Sounds like WAW is a bit more 'arcade' eh :whis:

Smoke doesn't stay there forever in WW2 / MBT...something I remember being told.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
08-04-2010, 05:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2010, 06:27 AM by Imp.)
Started on SPWAW but been a long time since I played, by more effective arty do you mean easier to use or hurts more? It was common for arty barrages to last over an hour (20 turns) before an attack so they had a chance to hurt the enemy thats why it was a big killer 2 turns worth wont do much vs infantry.
It should probably be more effective vs vehicles not destroying but making combat inefective as in striping tracks sight weapons a standard 155 shell landing within 30m of most vehicles even modern will do that.
Never heard of low carnage settings & cant remember exact numbers but in WW2 it took over a 1000 bullets to kill one person. Most shots were not aimed & MGs make up for the rest but I would say thats pretty low carnage & its why firefights especialy at range go on for a while most shots miss.
It was this realisation that caused everyone to adopt semi auto rifles over bolt action. Gets more of your squad activly taking part at least laying down suppresive fire letting the one or two good guys take aim.
08-08-2010, 11:41 AM,
In Spwaw The arty delay is 0.2 for the US. For other countries it varies between 0.3 and 0.5. I've play tested arty in both the Shaprenal games and have yet to KO an armored vehicle with arty. And yes the arty in Spwaw seems to hurt more. I've KO'd many tanks with it.
08-08-2010, 03:43 PM,
Arty can be devastating, I'm playing a battle where enemy arty knocks out a vehicle or two every turn, even 60mm mortars take out HTs easily.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]