• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

4vs4 Normandy Campaign
07-30-2010, 08:00 AM,
RE: 4vs4 Normandy Campaign
While I don't want to run the whole show, despite my lack of games here I have very solid PBEM experience with the PzCamp and Mod Camp engines.
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2010, 09:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2010, 09:59 AM by Metnegomilj.)
My remark was not intended to point at you, cazart! . The base idea was that the Allied poll is currently stronger.
Of course, including ,Alternative Indirect Fire Resolution' rule I find almost obligatory. Without it, no force will prevent irrational concentration of Allied troops ( 10-15 inf co in stack).
07-30-2010, 12:42 PM,
No worries. No offense was taken.;)
07-30-2010, 05:00 PM,
(07-30-2010, 09:15 AM)Metnegomilj Wrote: My remark was not intended to point at you, cazart! . The base idea was that the Allied poll is currently stronger.
Of course, including ,Alternative Indirect Fire Resolution' rule I find almost obligatory. Without it, no force will prevent irrational concentration of Allied troops ( 10-15 inf co in stack).

With that rule up it's impossible winning for the allied. I played as german with that rule and my fellow opponent informs me single fresh allied infantry battlions took 200 fatigue per turn due artillery fire in a regular basis.

Also keep in mind the stack limit is 1300 men so at best 8 infantry coy at the sime time.

What we can do is copying and renaming the files, altering PDT value for stacking, setting it for 1000 men per hex or so.
07-31-2010, 01:02 AM,
The Alt artillery cuts both ways. It makes digging out defenders in RUBBLE a bit more easy. I won't play MG44 as the Allies without it. (Too easy to create impossible choke points without.)

I am strongly in favor of it for this game. (And the early wisdom seemed to be that the Germans would be quickly swamped in this one, so if you feel that the rule favors the Germs, maybe it should be viewed as helping balance it.)
07-31-2010, 01:09 AM,
If you still need an additional player for a German command I volunteer. I have extensive PzC experience, most of it off the ladder.
07-31-2010, 02:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2010, 02:21 AM by larsonney.)
I agree with Mike...absent a modified scenario the Alt artillery seems like it would help play balance...we all know the difficulty we Germans will face...notice how long it took to fill the Axis roster:).

I think a play-balanced scenario would mean less player drops as well...nobody likes getting hammered for 750 turns!

Jon
07-31-2010, 03:04 AM,
(07-31-2010, 02:15 AM)larsonney Wrote: I agree with Mike...absent a modified scenario the Alt artillery seems like it would help play balance...we all know the difficulty we Germans will face...notice how long it took to fill the Axis roster:).

I think a play-balanced scenario would mean less player drops as well...nobody likes getting hammered for 750 turns!

Jon

In this case I suggest checking the other alternative X resolution.
Armor will hold better against assaults, also stacking will be penalyzed by direct fire and air attacks will stop german stacking.
07-31-2010, 05:55 AM,
I think that gets us to 4 for the Germans...
08-01-2010, 12:13 AM,
We now have two full teams.

Allied
Outlaw Josey Wales
Varjager
Cesar
Alaric

Axis
Metnegomilj
Larsonney
Cazart
Doctor

It's just to start. If you guys had a couple others contact you and want to play, if ya'll agree, you can add them and go with a 6 man team for however long that may last. I just wanted 4 per team to start and also prefer that to be a minimum. You could go with three for a bit waiting for a replacement or just covering for somebody who went on vacation or a long weekend or whatever. If ya'll want the game to count on the ladder, it's no problem with uneven teams because that is what the shadow player is for when reporting. Somebody can leave for a time and come back later when things are worked out. He may have a different command, but that's ok. Whoever is CinC makes those decisions.

Now we need to agree which is the better scenario and rules. I'll play with any rules except locking zoc. So whatever the rest of you agree on will be what we go with. You guys need to get your emails going to choose a CinC.