• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Red Victory locks up during artiller barrages
07-19-2010, 05:37 AM,
Red Victory locks up during artiller barrages
Most of the time, when an artillery barrage is coming in, the first blast will dislay, then the game will freeze. I will continue to hear the rest of the blasts, but the screen is frozen. When the barrage is completed, the screen will unfreeze and the game will resume, showing the damage from the barrage.

Does anyone else have this problem? Are there any fixes for it?

Thanks!
-=Jeff
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2010, 05:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-19-2010, 05:52 AM by White Eagle.)
RE: Red Victory locks up during artiller barrages
(07-19-2010, 05:37 AM)FroBodine Wrote: Most of the time, when an artillery barrage is coming in, the first blast will dislay, then the game will freeze. I will continue to hear the rest of the blasts, but the screen is frozen. When the barrage is completed, the screen will unfreeze and the game will resume, showing the damage from the barrage.

Does anyone else have this problem? Are there any fixes for it?

Thanks!
-=Jeff

I have the same exact problem, it does not happen everytime though. Sometimes 4-5 times a game, sometimes 1-2 times and other games it never happens.

I have found to minimize the problem I do not move the cursor during the artillery barrage, it seems to help "sometimes". Other times even without moving it the screen will still freeze up.

I had read a temporary solution, which I can't find the link to at the moment but it said something about lowering the video acceleration on the video card I think. Unfortunately I have a nvidia 260 card, about a year old and that features if removed from the card.

The freezing doesnt impact the game much at all but it is annoying when it happens.
07-19-2010, 05:57 AM,
THis has always happened to me. The most annoying thing is not being able to see where your arty is landing... It hasn`t caused the game to crash on me yet though.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

07-19-2010, 06:00 AM,
This questioned was asked on the Wargammer by Epee1 and answered by Rahamy:

1. during artillery execution, the screen would on occasion go completely white and after the bombardment was over it would go back to normal. This is on the introductory scenario.

Generally a video card conflict. Try not to click on the game when a barrage is happening. You can also adjust your hardware acceleration on the video card under the troubleshooting tab, Display, Control Panel.
07-19-2010, 11:54 AM,
Same problem. But it's not a lockup. Just leave it alone.
You will hear sounds and as White Eagle said, it will be back to normal soon.
Send this user an email
07-19-2010, 01:23 PM,
(07-19-2010, 11:54 AM)jomni Wrote: Same problem. But it's not a lockup. Just leave it alone.

Seems like this is something HPS should try and fix, since lots of people are experiencing it. Definitely not a game breaker, but it is rather annoying. I want to watch the shells hit and watch the carnage!

I sent an e-mail to HPS. We'll see what they say.

-=Jeff
07-19-2010, 01:32 PM,
(07-19-2010, 01:23 PM)FroBodine Wrote:
(07-19-2010, 11:54 AM)jomni Wrote: Same problem. But it's not a lockup. Just leave it alone.

Seems like this is something HPS should try and fix, since lots of people are experiencing it. Definitely not a game breaker, but it is rather annoying. I want to watch the shells hit and watch the carnage!

I sent an e-mail to HPS. We'll see what they say.

-=Jeff

If you get a response, let us know what they say :)
07-19-2010, 11:07 PM,
I shared the same with Jeff as I had posted elsewhere. JT has tried to fix this in the past, but the results vary so widely from system to system that there has not been a universal fix. I'll bring it up to him again, but I'm not too hopeful, sorry. And FWIW it happens on my system as well periodically.
07-20-2010, 09:43 PM,
It is a known issue and as Rich mentioned it differs from system to system. However I believe you should do two things to limit the problem. Dont run programs behind the game (sometimes even a regular antivirus check can cause it) and dont move or click the mouse during enemy turn.