• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1914 art request
07-17-2010, 07:28 PM,
RE: 1914 art request
(07-17-2010, 11:28 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: "That'd be Jison's mod for F14. You can get it here:"

http://www.hist-sdc.com/MapMod/fwwc.htm

Jison's site and mods need WinRAR to download. I wonder if anyone can give me some information about this? I checked the site and the download is c. 30 bucks. jonny :cheeky:

WinRAR is shareware, but after the trial period expires you can continue using it for free but will get a reminder to register it from time to time - so no bucks need to leave your pockets. :)

But 7-Zip is also a good alternative, as Liebchen pointed out.

Jison
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2010, 11:28 AM,
"But 7-Zip is also a good alternative, as Liebchen pointed out."

Thanks everyone! jonny ;)
07-19-2010, 10:20 PM,
(07-17-2010, 04:22 AM)Foul. Wrote: Are these too similar for your aged eyes?? Big Grin

[Image: 216c8bed1dCP%20Eng.JPG]

[Image: 2ca0567d9bMG%20unit.JPG]

These look perfect!
Are they from Jison's mod? Is it possible to just take the art from that mod and use in in the standard game and the Volcano mods?
07-19-2010, 10:28 PM,
(07-19-2010, 10:20 PM)Nitram Draw Wrote: These look perfect!
Are they from Jison's mod? Is it possible to just take the art from that mod and use in in the standard game and the Volcano mods?
Yes this is from Jisons excellent mod, installing it will overwrite the standard artwork and VM's (if loaded) i would assume?

But you don't have to load everything, for instance i prefer the standard counters and so didn't load that part of Jison's work, so in the end it is completely your choice as to just how your title looks. Big Grin
07-19-2010, 10:43 PM,
(07-19-2010, 10:28 PM)Foul. Wrote:
Yes this is from Jisons excellent mod, installing it will overwrite the standard artwork and VM's (if loaded) i would assume?

But you don't have to load everything, for instance i prefer the standard counters and so didn't load that part of Jison's work, so in the end it is completely your choice as to just how your title looks. Big Grin

Fantastic.
What is the best way to do this? Can the mod be unzipped in it's own folder and then the unit art copied into my game folder?
07-20-2010, 11:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2010, 11:31 AM by -72-.)
(07-19-2010, 10:28 PM)Foul. Wrote:

That's exactly right Foul. - When using any mod it is all in the sequencing as to when you paste them in to your folders as to what they overwrite. The last one always takes precedence -and that is exactly how Jison's would work. The most efficient manner to manage that would be to -if you want to use VM's art -leave off any of the national folders when one goes to paste it in to the folder.

Nitram Draw: The answer is yes it can be unzipped in its own folder. If you are using 7-zip I think that you can tell it to extract the folders in to a folder titled the same as the zipped folder - then go in there and just pick and choose what folders and/or files you want to use. It is all sort of trial by error. In my case I do a lot of switching around -I just take the stock folders and rename them say: !Map or whatever -and leave them in the game's folder on my HD.

____

There is a need for a good comprehensive 'how to' work with mods article -as they all basically work in the same way, and a lot of guys see them and want to know how to use them. It is something that will get done eventually. And in my case, I need a set of clones ... but yeh lots of material - never going to run out of it I think.
Bydand
Send this user an email
07-20-2010, 11:14 PM,
Thanks all. Got the new art work installed and it really helps!