• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Newb question about campaign mode in Red Victory
07-03-2010, 09:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-04-2010, 02:29 AM by White Eagle.)
Newb question about campaign mode in Red Victory
I'll apologize in advance it I missed what I am looking for in one of the PDF's that shipped with the game but I can't seem to find out how the campaign works in the game.

It looks like they are 4 scenarios each and I just select 1 of the options, either German, Finnish, or Soviet officer and then start a campaign. I get that part of it, but are there only 4 scenarios to the campaign and what is the point fo the campaign? Is there some sort of point system involved with the campaign.

Also, I installed the add-on fix for the help file problem with Vista. I tried to check the campaign notes but it appears there are not any for Red Victory, I get there message there is no campaign help file.

So, in short, if anyone could provide some information on how campaigns work in Squad Battles/Red Victory it would be appreciated! I am wondering what the campaign offers over single scenarios.

Thanks
John
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2010, 10:05 AM,
RE: Newb question about campaing mode in Red Victory
The campaigns for SB aren't very good IMO, which is unfortunate. It does track some sort of points for your leader, which one of the manuals explains, I can't remember which one at the moment. When your character leader dies, the campaign is over, which does lend some suspense to PBEM games, especially if you're forced to take him in the front lines, or he is the only leader you have.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

07-05-2010, 10:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2010, 01:16 PM by jomni.)
RE: Newb question about campaign mode in Red Victory
It's more like a role playing game.
Results of battles are irrelevant... points are garnered from leader actions (fighting, rallying). So your motivations are quite different when playing a campaign.
Send this user an email