• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why West Lost Afghan War
08-02-2010, 04:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2010, 04:37 AM by JasonC.)
RE: Why West Lost Afghan War
There is no mystery in any of it. The released documents will simply help the Taliban track down informants and kill them. Everyone connected with the matter is a murdering thug by remote control, and beneath contempt. Nothing revealed in any of them had the slightest bearing on western or specifically US policy in the war, nor revealed a single fact of public policy importance not already widely known by everyone.

All we have is reaching smears by defeatests and enemies. As usual. As for the articles farcical statement that the US "never defeated the Taliban" or attempted to do so, tell it to the random body parts scattered under all the B-52 strikes during the active phase of the war, ousting them from power. They were defeated, they are defeated, and they remain defeated. And we can stay there and kill them routinely for decades, if they like.

Oh and by the way, what the heck is any of this doing here?
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2010, 05:45 AM,
RE: Why West Lost Afghan War
If you wish to read more articles by Andrew Bacevich, you will not find them in the Weekly Standard, but you will find them in The American Conservative.

As far as Afghanistan, I'm glad to finally hear the "If we never leave, we will never lose" argument stated plainly. Sort of like being waist deep in a dung pile and saying if I leave it will smell worse; it is bound to smell better if I get in up to my neck and never leave.
Quote this message in a reply