• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ardennes 1914
06-24-2010, 05:58 PM,
Ardennes 1914
Just finished v the AI. I feel like I went 12 rounds with a heavy weight! The losses on both sides made WWII East front look like a skirmish.

The AI did better than it has in some Pz Camp I have played.

I had 8 units broken I think and that has never happened in any other game I have played v the AI

One thing I noticed that may be good to pass on is that because units suffer losses among the stack you tend to find that if a line is under constant attack the whole lot will break at about the same time (happened to the AI not me). So a good fresh reserve is needed.

If you can keep a reserve of a Division and through it at a broken or half broken line it can be decisive

What an excellent game.

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2010, 02:15 AM,
RE: Ardennes 1914
Thanks for the insight, I will keep this in mind... I'm just about to start a PBEM of this one (waiting for Opp to kick off), & have looked over the map, and units. It will be a real challenge to not think PzC in my approach. This is a very different game, despite appearances.
Also like the the no cd requirements once the game is installed.
06-25-2010, 03:59 AM,
Hope you have read my article and the tips about tactics in the designer notes, bottom line if you overstack hex's in a LOS you get your butt kicked, also remember to keep an eye on the night turns approaching as that caught us all out from time to time and you have to assault small units (MG's, Field guns, Cav less than 150) as direct fire will rarely affect them.

I have found learning the new system frustrating to begin with and then extremely rewarding once i worked out the best tactics of how to use the new units.

It is just refreshing to play a game that is like PzC but not PzC. :)
06-25-2010, 06:06 AM,
This Ardennes scenario is one of the best in f 14. The forces are about equal and even though the French take it hard on the 1st turn, you still have plenty of force to attack the bloody Boche. Since the scenario is only 14 turns you don't need to think strategically about getting those boys out of there. Instead you can hit the Hun hard. jonny :kill: