• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Can someone delete/update the dead scenarios?
06-24-2010, 01:07 PM,
RE: Can someone delete the dead scenarios?
Yes if you are up to it that's fine - JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T DELETE ANY SCENARIOS - SAME FOR ANYONE ELSE - if you delete a scenario, you will mess with peoples' ladder scores and make a lot of people very unhappy trying to correct them. You'll do more damage than good. If you can't find the scenario or author of a scenario you should just leave it be.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2010, 01:10 PM,
(06-24-2010, 01:07 PM)Der Kuenstler Wrote: Yes if you are up to it that's fine - JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T DELETE ANY SCENARIOS - SAME FOR ANYONE ELSE - if you delete a scenario, you will mess with peoples' ladder scores and make a lot of people very unhappy trying to correct them. You'll do more damage than good. If you can't find the scenario or author of a scenario you should just leave it be.

Roger.
Send this user an email
06-25-2010, 08:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2010, 08:37 AM by Bear.)
b_Exclamation Mark  RE: Can someone delete the dead scenarios?
(06-24-2010, 01:07 PM)Der Kuenstler Wrote: Yes if you are up to it that's fine - JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T DELETE ANY SCENARIOS - SAME FOR ANYONE ELSE - if you delete a scenario, you will mess with peoples' ladder scores and make a lot of people very unhappy trying to correct them. You'll do more damage than good. If you can't find the scenario or author of a scenario you should just leave it be.

The "curse" has now struck home:

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Comb...nav_page=6

Here we have the scenario "H2H - Streets of Stalingrad" just listed by a member. Taking it from the H2H Approved Archive.
The member was unaware that the scenario was already posted on the CMBB List:
"THE STREETS OF STALINGRAD H2H APPROVED".
Member has deleted the game result and posted it with the proper listing yet there remains a game result (Deleted) hanging with the duplicate listing. What the f__ is the fix now?
I and the members have done all we can to make things right NOW. Who will delete the "H2H - Streets of Stalingrad" ?
Someone in the club hierarchy must have the over ride code to make such fixes. Since we've just had an overhaul of the site, why can't there be a reckoning of all games results frozen to club member's records so we can audit the garbage in our database. It is almost as if we don't have control of our own data anymore...that is impossible.
Send this user an email
06-25-2010, 12:44 PM,
Bear - I've sent you an email to solve this...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
09-19-2010, 12:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2010, 12:43 PM by Mad Russian.)
Bear,

There are a whole slew of my scenarios in the archive that aren't even shown as mine. None of mine are here on the site to be downloaded at my request. I wanted all the downloads to come from The Scenario Depot II so I only had to make changes to one single location instead of 4 or 5 across the net.

I have 16 without my name on them as CSDT scenarios, 28 CMBB scenarios without my name on them, 2 scenarios that are credited to George Mc(that's a great compliment to me) and 1 to CSDT.

There are 27 CMAK scenarios that are mine with no author listed. 2 are on here for download that came from The Proving Grounds. These scenarios were never released because of balance issues. This was another reason I didn't just want my scenario being put over here. Some of them weren't quality scenarios that never made it to being released to the general community but they are here getting rated on this site. Imagine what kind of ratings those get......

The scenario names will get you to them on The Scenario Depot II. But it would be nice that they had my name on them here at the Blitz. As you said, it's about time to clean up a bunch of my own loose ends.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-20-2010, 11:57 PM,
Is there a way that we, the designers can help?

At this point I don't mind my scenarios being uploaded from here. The versions are set and I'll not be making any changes to them.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-24-2010, 05:13 AM,
(09-20-2010, 11:57 PM)Mad Russian Wrote: Is there a way that we, the designers can help?

At this point I don't mind my scenarios being uploaded from here. The versions are set and I'll not be making any changes to them.

Good Hunting.

MR

Contact me and I'll give you the skinny on your scenarios and getting them to shine in our database.
Send this user an email
09-25-2010, 08:21 AM,
I sent you a PM days ago. No answer.

Good Hunting.

MR
10-08-2010, 12:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2010, 12:37 PM by Mad Russian.)
RE: Can someone delete/update the dead scenarios?
Thanks Bear.

I updated all of my CMBB scenarios here on the site. I didn't add any but I did update all of them with at least the scenario briefings. This site has some scenarios that were never released to the public. Some are just listed without downloads and I left those that way, others were without either scenario information or the file and those I completed.

In all that helped update 38 CMBB scenarios.

I'll try to do the same with my CMAK scenarios in the near future.

That way the scenarios listed on the ladder can be downloaded here.

Good Hunting.

MR
10-09-2010, 09:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-09-2010, 09:34 AM by Bear.)
RE: Can someone delete/update the dead scenarios?
(10-08-2010, 12:35 PM)Mad Russian Wrote: Thanks Bear.

I updated all of my CMBB scenarios here on the site. I didn't add any but I did update all of them with at least the scenario briefings. This site has some scenarios that were never released to the public. Some are just listed without downloads and I left those that way, others were without either scenario information or the file and those I completed.

In all that helped update 38 CMBB scenarios.

I'll try to do the same with my CMAK scenarios in the near future.

That way the scenarios listed on the ladder can be downloaded here.

Good Hunting.

MR

If the scenario does not show "Download".

That means it is either an incomplete upload or
the posted file has been corrupted.

Authors of scenarios that show not available for "Download"
should goto their scenario and modify it completely.
Make sure it's in a winzip as well.
Leave no prompt or slot unanswered.

Piece a cake.
#
Send this user an email