• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Re-touching history?
07-18-2010, 10:35 AM,
RE: Re-touching history?
The swastika is not, of course, the copyright of the now defunct NSDAP. Some 40 years ago..is it really as long ago as that?.. I was serving in a place then generally called South Vietnam, or simply Vietnam. Many of the Buddhist and Buddhist-associated displayed Swastikas in their decoration, both external and internal. Particularly widespread in the Mekong Delta, the Hoa Hao temples used them in abundance. An example, perhaps, of how the use of one thing by a given reality can totally dominate its useage by other separate realities, in this case far older and more widespread than naziism.
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2010, 11:08 PM,
Werner Voss, a World War One German ace, who was Jewish, had a swastika on the side of his planes:
http://www.bollywoodsargam.com/video_tod...video.html

The swastika was a good luck symbol in many middle eastern and far eastern cultures.

We have a US Post Office in a town twenty miles north of where I live that has swastikas embedded in the tiles of their turn of the 19th to 20th century building. They tried to cover them up as to no offend people. :chin:
I think they would be better off trying to educate people. :smoke:

Too much politically correct stuff going on. Whip

cheers

HSL
07-19-2010, 12:38 AM,
(07-18-2010, 11:08 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Werner Voss, a World War One German ace, who was Jewish, had a swastika on the side of his planes:
http://www.bollywoodsargam.com/video_tod...video.html

The swastika was a good luck symbol in many middle eastern and far eastern cultures.

Unless, of course, you buy a model kit of his plane which has a white plus -sign on it! What utter nonsense!

(07-18-2010, 11:08 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: We have a US Post Office in a town twenty miles north of where I live that has swastikas embedded in the tiles of their turn of the 19th to 20th century building. They tried to cover them up as to no offend people. :chin:
I think they would be better off trying to educate people. :smoke:

Wasn't it a symbol the American Natives used as well?

(07-18-2010, 11:08 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Too much politically correct stuff going on. Whip

cheers

HSL

Exactly :(

I don't know about the rest of the world, but if a neo nazi would come across me, I would like to be able to recognize the b*stard as such.

I recently learnt Celtic Cross is banned in Germany as well as neo nazis have used that symbol as well. I do not know how they teach history about celts then, nazis the whole bunch!?

Political correctness makes me sick :angry:

I for one, I call spade a spade. Whip
Visit us at CSLegion.com