• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A request that HPS patches all the games up to date
06-16-2010, 07:01 AM,
A request that HPS patches all the games up to date
I realise thet the F14 game and WW1 games will be popular , I will get it as well . But I really think HPS should get all the games patched upto S40 mark. Some patches are well overdue .

Is there any date when the games will be properly patched ??

I especially like this new feature of the ZOC bridge thing , that has been a pain in the butt gamey issue for as long as the games have been out.

Cheers CC
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2010, 08:04 AM,
RE: A request that HPS patches all the games up to date
(06-16-2010, 07:01 AM)cavalry corps Wrote: I especially like this new feature of the ZOC bridge thing , that has been a pain in the butt gamey issue for as long as the games have been out.

I've never been bothered by that, so much. Given the abstractions of the game, I've always considered that a unit "straddling" the bridge (the term used in the FWWC thread) actually did have men stationed in front of the bridge as part of their formation. This was part of what the ZOC represented. This is no different than a ZOC preventing units from slipping through the lines between enemy units.
06-16-2010, 05:15 PM,
(06-16-2010, 08:04 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(06-16-2010, 07:01 AM)cavalry corps Wrote: I especially like this new feature of the ZOC bridge thing , that has been a pain in the butt gamey issue for as long as the games have been out.

I've never been bothered by that, so much. Given the abstractions of the game, I've always considered that a unit "straddling" the bridge (the term used in the FWWC thread) actually did have men stationed in front of the bridge as part of their formation. This was part of what the ZOC represented. This is no different than a ZOC preventing units from slipping through the lines between enemy units.

Quite , you are correct ...

But unless a unit is broken - you cannot get over ... you cannot assault , so what do you do?
If you want to be gamey you set up units on adjacent hexes with a zoc over both sides of the bridge and until you are broken they cannot get over no matter what they are .

Cav
06-16-2010, 08:19 PM,
It is possible to disrupt the straddling unit and then assault it by using engineers to ferry your forces over the river hexside, then you move your forces over the bridge no longer blocked by the ZOC.

It is only if you don't have any engineers you are really stuck!

The new rule was created for F14 because you cannot ferry infantry and hence you can block bridges much easier, but i agree it is good that it will be moved to PzC as well.
06-16-2010, 08:29 PM,
With regards to update schedules - see the below link for a recent post by Rich Hamilton on Consimworld.

http://talk.consimworld.com/[email protected]/291
Bydand
Send this user an email
06-16-2010, 10:43 PM,
Is this right , there is nothing there I can see , directly on this link

Cav
06-17-2010, 12:11 AM,
From the link....

Rich Hamilton - Jun 11, 2010 7:12 am (#290 Total: 290)

HPS Support & Scenario Designer

Based on what I know is occupying Mr. Tiller I wouldn't expect to see anything before the Fall...just no time to update the games right now with the demands he has on his plate.
06-17-2010, 08:13 AM,
(06-16-2010, 10:43 PM)cavalry corps Wrote: Is this right , there is nothing there I can see , directly on this link

Cav

Apologies - I didn't realize it may have req'd a long in - copying and pasting would have been the next step (thanks to Strala) -I did want to provide some context.
Bydand
Send this user an email