• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F 14 Campaign scenario observations
06-18-2010, 06:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2010, 06:57 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: F 14 Campaign scenario observations
(06-18-2010, 06:00 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: I think during testing we had an initial habit of cramming everything up front and adjacent, thus creating these huge dense blocks of men, with horrific casualties occurring from British rifle fire because of it. "Stop doing that. Go to open skirmish order!" was the cry. ;)
Ed, you very kindly wrote "we", but i was the worst culprit for this and i remember you having to tell me several times that stacking 2/3 battalions in a hex (as you can in PzC) was not the correct way to play, it is a good job you are a very patient person! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2010, 10:35 AM,
The French AI in the scenario I just started stacked 6 battalions in one hex. I plotted an arty strike for the next turn and was rewarded with causing 199 French caualties. The AI left them in travel mode also.
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
06-19-2010, 11:28 PM,
One thing I really am liking about this game is the wide variety of quality on BOTH sides. In PzC, particularly on the East Front it's German quality against Russian quantity. In F14 both sides have excellent units, average units and crappy units.
06-22-2010, 06:33 AM,
(06-18-2010, 06:57 AM)Foul. Wrote: Ed, you very kindly wrote "we", but i was the worst culprit for this and i remember you having to tell me several times that stacking 2/3 battalions in a hex (as you can in PzC) was not the correct way to play, it is a good job you are a very patient person! Big Grin

What I hate is when you finally commit to massing for an assault on an important hex and you have 3 stacked battalions survive the defensive fire and ooopps, bad dice, and they are sitting there waiting to be creamed:(.
It sucks but it's what makes these games fun :)!
06-22-2010, 04:44 PM,
(06-22-2010, 06:33 AM)Nitram Draw Wrote:
(06-18-2010, 06:57 AM)Foul. Wrote: Ed, you very kindly wrote "we", but i was the worst culprit for this and i remember you having to tell me several times that stacking 2/3 battalions in a hex (as you can in PzC) was not the correct way to play, it is a good job you are a very patient person! Big Grin

What I hate is when you finally commit to massing for an assault on an important hex and you have 3 stacked battalions survive the defensive fire and ooopps, bad dice, and they are sitting there waiting to be creamed:(.
Yup, time for a hissy fit! :hissy: Cry
06-23-2010, 08:20 AM,
(06-22-2010, 04:44 PM)Foul. Wrote:
(06-22-2010, 06:33 AM)Nitram Draw Wrote:

Yup, time for a hissy fit! :hissy: Cry

Or a Hussar fit! :cool2: