• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question about assaults and recovery in France 40
06-15-2010, 11:57 PM,
Question about assaults and recovery in France 40
or any Panzer Campaigns for that matter

I notice that when I assault in the game, and perhaps decide to cancel the assault, the enemy gets to take free shots at me.

Does canceling an assault count as an action then?

Lastly, what method do you all use to recover fatigued units or units with low morale?

I was moving them to the rear to be near an HQ, but is there another way than rotating units out of the front line?

Thanks
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2010, 01:44 AM,
RE: Question about assaults and recovery in France 40
(06-15-2010, 11:57 PM)Jasonf Wrote: I was moving them to the rear to be near an HQ, but is there another way than rotating units out of the front line?
That is what I have always done. I don't think there is another way.
06-16-2010, 02:13 AM,
I don't recall cancelling an assault drawing fire - you will draw fire when you set your units to assault, but I always thought you could then cancel it without more fire. Are you sure the cancel drew the fire, or the assigning of units before cancelling that did it?

To recover fatigue, I don't believe there is any benefit to being close to the unit HQ. There are other benefits, but if you are looking strictly at fatigue, just rest them in place, if out of combat. Other benefits may push for reorganizing before resting however.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
06-16-2010, 02:28 AM,
(06-16-2010, 02:13 AM)Ricky B Wrote: I don't recall cancelling an assault drawing fire - you will draw fire when you set your units to assault, but I always thought you could then cancel it without more fire. Are you sure the cancel drew the fire, or the assigning of units before cancelling that did it?

I suspect the Op fire was caused by the assault action and the later caceling was just changing his mind. But if the act of setting the assault caused Op Fire, no, certainly that effect is not undone.

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-16-2010, 06:57 AM,
(06-16-2010, 02:28 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
(06-16-2010, 02:13 AM)Ricky B Wrote: I don't recall cancelling an assault drawing fire - you will draw fire when you set your units to assault, but I always thought you could then cancel it without more fire. Are you sure the cancel drew the fire, or the assigning of units before cancelling that did it?

I suspect the Op fire was caused by the assault action and the later caceling was just changing his mind. But if the act of setting the assault caused Op Fire, no, certainly that effect is not undone.

Glenn

I wonder if anyone else realises this lack of loss of MP for cancelling an assault is a loophole that can be used to great advantage

Its cheating really - Find a unit adjacent to another that is in a bunker or otherwise. Assault , draw down all the defensive fire from you precious units two hex away . You can repeat as many times as you like as there is no limit unless you get disrupted - needs a fixing I think...

Cav
06-16-2010, 08:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2010, 08:10 AM by Liebchen.)
Quote:I wonder if anyone else realises this lack of loss of MP for cancelling an assault is a loophole that can be used to great advantage

Its cheating really - Find a unit adjacent to another that is in a bunker or otherwise. Assault , draw down all the defensive fire from you precious units two hex away . You can repeat as many times as you like as there is no limit unless you get disrupted - needs a fixing I think...
Cav

:kill: U R D V us!