• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Are the Squad Battles games overtaking the Panzer Campaigns games?
06-13-2010, 03:34 AM,
Are the Squad Battles games overtaking the Panzer Campaigns games?
Do you think that Squad Battles is becoming the more adaptable and expanding series of games now? It seems they are growing in popularity. I guess it depends on the scale you want to play.

Seems like Squad Battles are the perfect replacement for people that cannot find face to face gamers for Squad Leader or games like Combat Commander?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2010, 06:31 AM,
RE: Are the Squad Battles games overtaking the Panzer Campaigns games?
I doubt they are over taking them but I like squad battles because it gives me my war game strategy fix and the turns don't take over an hour.

Steve.
06-14-2010, 11:42 AM,
I have no expecience with Campaigns games.
Play Squad Battles exclusively and I'm expanding my collection as we speak.
Send this user an email
06-14-2010, 01:49 PM,
(06-13-2010, 03:34 AM)Jasonf Wrote: It seems they are growing in popularity. I guess it depends on the scale you want to play.

That about sums it up. I do not see the two competing at all. I know many who play both series depending on what they are interested in at the time.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
06-14-2010, 01:57 PM,
I just recently got Advance of the Reich so I am looking forward to playing it
Send this user an email
06-14-2010, 02:17 PM,
I agree with Dog Soldier I play both and switch back and forth depending on what type of game i want to play and to keep from getting burned out on one series or the other
06-15-2010, 07:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2010, 07:45 AM by Gasbag.)
I don't think that they (Squad Battles) are overtaking the Panzer Campaigns series. As Landser34 said, you can switch back & forth between series to prevent burn out on either.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
06-16-2010, 02:14 AM,
(06-15-2010, 07:45 AM)Gasbag Wrote: I don't think that they (Squad Battles) are overtaking the Panzer Campaigns series. As Landser34 said, you can switch back & forth between series to prevent burn out on either.

I think because there have been so many SB releases in the past couple of years, it seems as if SB is getting more love from HPS. I don't think that's truly the case, but more a testament to the current SB scenario designers, Mike, Joao and Ozgur for their prolific efforts in bringing games to fruition.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4