• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

2 questions
06-11-2010, 04:43 AM,
2 questions
1) is there a way, other than empirically, to find out what the conversion rates are for casualties into victory points are for each side in a scenario?

2) Shouldn't engineers be able to dig in in frozen terrain? Have read account of regular infantry digging in with explosives and pickaxes in the dead of a Russian winter.
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2010, 04:59 AM,
RE: 2 questions
For q. 1, the OOB editor gives a value for each specific unit, but how that then actually converts to VPs is a bit beyond me, may be linear, may not. I just go with the empirical analysis myself :).

For #2, I thought units can dig in most conditions, have to leave specifics to Glenn, I guess.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
06-11-2010, 01:33 PM,
RE: 2 questions
Frozen ground is to simulate conditions where no large scale digging in can take place that would protect a full unit.

Sure, picks and explosives were available to dig in here and there. Just not enough to be digging in numerous units per turn in these conditions represented by the frozen terrain. Remember, an IP or TRENCH includes much more than a shallow hole or slit trench. The counter ups the defense value of the unit from fire by factoring in small local mine fields, bore sighted weapons that might pin part of the enemy unit attacking the hex, barbed wire to channel the attackers, etc.;all those things that are in tactical scale games are abstracted here in the fortification counters.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp