• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Typical mistakes that you made when you were a newbie
06-05-2010, 02:54 AM,
Typical mistakes that you made when you were a newbie
My biggest one? not knowing the transport mode and moving all the reinforcements deployed...
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2010, 03:24 AM,
RE: Typical mistakes that you made when you were a newbie
.......forgetting to check if i have any arty available until after i had moved/fired all my units! :hissy:
06-05-2010, 03:40 AM,
Clicking 'Next Turn' when meaning to change travel mode. Still do... I never learn anything from my misstakes like normal people do - it's more of a challenge that way. :)

Jison
Send this user an email
06-05-2010, 03:40 AM,
The most common mistake was forgetting to take units out off T mode and getting them hammered. Having played less than 15 games I still do make that mistake once in a while. Violin
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. Winston Churchill
06-05-2010, 03:48 AM,
(06-05-2010, 03:40 AM)Jison Wrote: Clicking 'Next Turn' when meaning to change travel mode. Still do... I never learn anything from my misstakes like normal people do - it's more of a challenge that way. :)

Jison

I did that too until I enabled Confirm before ending turn. :)
06-05-2010, 03:52 AM,
That's easy being a complete newbie to this game system. Trying to defend with the Russians in Smolensk 41 in the early battle's on the riverFiery Can't be done:bow:
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.
06-05-2010, 04:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-05-2010, 04:49 AM by P.Ako.)
(06-05-2010, 03:40 AM)Jison Wrote: Clicking 'Next Turn' when meaning to change travel mode. Still do... I never learn anything from my misstakes like normal people do - it's more of a challenge that way. :)

Jison

Lol it still happens to me sometimes when i want to save the game Big Grin
06-05-2010, 06:01 AM,
Still a newb here, so can't really reply to this question. Interesting to see others answers though. :)
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815.
06-05-2010, 07:02 AM,
(06-05-2010, 04:49 AM)P.Ako Wrote:

Jison

Lol it still happens to me sometimes when i want to save the game Big Grin

I did it all the time, but then discovered you could set it to prompt you to end the turn in the options.

My big mistake was spreading my forces too thinly and having my forces destroyed in detail. Primarily because I was trying to do too much with too few
06-05-2010, 01:25 PM,
Committing all my forces forward and forgetting to always, always, always keep a reserve no matter how small. Nearly beat Esher in my first game except for this mistake.

Esher pulled the draw on the last turn because he did keep a reserve, and in the right place too!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp