• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Calling relayer: email problems
06-04-2010, 04:10 PM,
RE: Calling relayer: email problems
This thread could explain why I haven't heard from Gary in a while - I'll try re-sending the turn
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2010, 11:09 PM,
Hi Rick,
I resent the last turn!...originally sent on 5/20
Hope everythings working?

Gary
06-05-2010, 07:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-05-2010, 07:44 AM by Scud.)
(06-04-2010, 02:56 PM)Kai Wrote: Hi Scud,

looks like everything is working again. The error message said something about "too long in the queue". The strange thing is that there are ten lost mails but only 2 errormessages, 3-4 after I´ve sent the mails. Tried it from a different account on another computer with the same result. The only idea I have is that Gary´s provides had some issues with .de domains. Anyway, it works again. Thanks for your interest.

Regards,
Kai

All's well that ends well. Too long in the queue could be either provider, outgoing queue or incoming queue, but you're probably right. Shutting off his service probably meant they stopped and restarted the SMTP service and magically everything started flowing again. When that fails a simple reboot is next. When that fails I go on vacation and let some other fool worry about it.

But that's me. Glad your good.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email