• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Another thing to add to my list of dream mods...
06-05-2010, 08:28 AM,
RE: Another thing to add to my list of dream mods...
You guys ever play Hell's Corner: Vanguard? The designer came up with a pretty good work-around for day turning to night. I thought it was fun. I especially liked being able to shift your forces around by cover of darkness. Unfortunately the graphics can't change, just the visibility. Also, you'd better trust your opponent. Anyway, check it out:

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Camp...8&ladder=2

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2010, 08:37 AM,
No, I haven't but I will check it out.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
06-06-2010, 05:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2010, 05:28 AM by Huib Versloot.)
(06-05-2010, 08:28 AM)Scud Wrote: You guys ever play Hell's Corner: Vanguard? The designer came up with a pretty good work-around for day turning to night. I thought it was fun. I especially liked being able to shift your forces around by cover of darkness. Unfortunately the graphics can't change, just the visibility. Also, you'd better trust your opponent. Anyway, check it out:

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Camp...8&ladder=2

Dave

Graphics also change to night graphics, and engine changes to night engine + starshells as well, if the designer has added them. It is just a matter of setting the day/ night flag from 0 to 1 in the bte file.
I'm almost sure this setting can be automated in the scn editor with not too much programming. There is a turn counter in the bte file (a figure that can be divided by 6).
In fact I had thought about programming a "bte file reader" in Visual Basic that can be preset per scenario to look at the bte file and hence would know at which turns the day/night flag would have to be changed and would carry out the change automatically.
However I would have to teach myself to program in VB and I think the chances are quite good that it can be done in the editor itself. I asked Jason about it but we won't see it automated in Modern Wars version 1.0 yet, but maybe later. Hopefully in 1.05 for JCTS.

Huib
06-08-2010, 04:23 PM,
OUT STANDING

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
06-10-2010, 04:43 AM,
About Disrupted units I have an idea: make more than one level of disruption. Let’s say orange D the same consequences as now, another fire result “disruption” (or more) will change orange D to red. Consequence of that may be that disrupted unit with high probability during enemy assault will surrender (without surrounding it). And black D (after 5 or 6 Disrupted results) – new fire result: surrendered.