• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Squad Battles: Red Victory
05-28-2010, 11:28 PM,
Squad Battles: Red Victory
[Image: thumb_4bed2d34bbCover.JPG]

With TillerCon III beginning, folks there are getting the first glimpse of the new SB title, Red Victory. It's the follow-up to Advance of the Reich and it's a masterpiece. Ozgur Budak crafted 90 scenarios, which include the campaign scenarios. It's a must-have SB title as far as I'm concerned. Work will begin to get these scenarios into the database ready for reporting shortly.

Here are some screen shots of some of the playtests I had the pleasure to run, just to whet your appetite. The graphics are a combination of the stock graphics and alternate graphics files, so what you'll see there isn't exactly what you'll be getting, but a good approximation.

HUGE, huge kudos go out to Ozgur for his tremendous effort bringing this game to fruition.

Pre-order is now available through various retailers, including NWS. Shipping won't happen until June 4th.

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo....redvi.html

At Stalingrad, the largest military offensive in history ground to a halt as the Wehrmacht met and was defeated by the Red Army. The German Sixth Army has surrendered and the Soviets have a renewed fighting spirit. Now it's time for the Red Army to press the Germans back towards the Fatherland. In the next 2 1/2 years of titanic struggle, the Soviets will push all the way to the Reich’s capital of Berlin. Can you lead the Red Army, sweep over your foes and outperform the historical Soviet commanders? Can you as the Wehrmacht stop the Red Tide from engulfing the Reich? Red Victory is the long awaited sequel to Advance of the Reich, published over seven years ago. It is a tactical level computer wargame with scenarios ranging over the entire Eastern Front, 1943-45. The basic unit is the squad, but players can form units up to division level. With this game, the Squad Battles engine has received many upgrades and the level of detail has grown. The number of scenarios included in this title has almost tripled, as have the number of maps available for player use. The last half of the war on the Eastern Front (1943-45) is covered in detail here with multiple scenarios from battles in Kharkov, Warsaw, Kursk, Kiev, Korsun & Berlin, to name but a few. Any wargamer with an interest in the Russian Front will find many hours on challenging engagements awaiting them.

Red Victory 90 stand alone scenarios and 3 campaigns to choose from. 37 unique maps ranging in size from 900 hexes to 86,400 hexes providing ample ground for scenario designers to create their own actions. 3D graphics with a wide range of AFVs being modeled.

Engine changes include:

1) Added sled vehicle flag to designate such vehicles as the Russian aerosled. 2) Added Infrared Detection Devices and three uses for those: MP-44/StG-44 with Infrared PzKw V Panther with Infrared SdKfz 251/20 with Infrared 3) Added Demolition Vehicles SdKfz 301, 302, and 303 (See Remote Control Vehicles under Movement section of Users Manual). 4) Added Direct Fire vehicle flag for designating aircraft with no targeting scatter (see Support in Users Manual).

The game also has the standard scenario, OOB, parameter, database & sub-map editors included with the game. Play modes include A/I, Hot Seat, PBEM, LAN & Internet play.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2010, 11:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-28-2010, 11:55 PM by Rabbit.)
RE: Squad Battles: Red Victory
Placed my order about 30 minutes ago. Whoo hoo! Party

Shipping starts June 4. And now I have to wait patiently for a week and a half???
05-29-2010, 12:08 AM,
A few years ago I never thought I would see this happen

Great news indeed
244 games with legend that is Richie61
05-29-2010, 12:21 AM,
My order is in for both new titles!
05-29-2010, 01:38 AM,
As Alan said Ozgur did an outstanding job of designing the scenarios for this one as a playtester like Alan I think you guys will really like this title.
05-29-2010, 09:13 AM,
This is a superb title. I was lucky enought to play test as well and I can vouch that the game is a peach. Stacks of well designed scenarios with a real mix in terms of scenario size and content.

I had some great fun playing it - both AI and PBEM games.
06-01-2010, 03:09 AM,
It was on a lot of screens at TC3 and looking great. Oz really poured a ton into this. For those of you that like the 3D, it has been revisited completely, buildings, terrain, etc are all looking great. (I was even tempted to play it that way for a bit. Probably under the influence of Nashcon across the hall. Someone over there built a 10'x25' 3D version of AH's Turning Point Stalingrad complete with miniatures and a city.)
06-01-2010, 06:56 AM,
(06-01-2010, 03:09 AM)cazart! Wrote: It was on a lot of screens at TC3 and looking great. Oz really poured a ton into this. For those of you that like the 3D, it has been revisited completely, buildings, terrain, etc are all looking great. (I was even tempted to play it that way for a bit. Probably under the influence of Nashcon across the hall. Someone over there built a 10'x25' 3D version of AH's Turning Point Stalingrad complete with miniatures and a city.)

I hope the graphical improvements make it into AotR and other games soon.
06-01-2010, 09:15 AM,
(06-01-2010, 03:09 AM)cazart! Wrote: Probably under the influence of Nashcon across the hall. Someone over there built a 10'x25' 3D version of AH's Turning Point Stalingrad complete with miniatures and a city.)

Now that must have taken a lot of work. Able to take a picture?

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
06-02-2010, 07:51 AM,
(06-01-2010, 09:15 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: [quote='cazart!' pid='323077' dateline='1275325795']

Now that must have taken a lot of work. Able to take a picture?

Dog Soldier

Not my photo but

[Image: stalingrad-1.jpg]

[Image: stalingrad-2.jpg]

[Image: stalingrad-3.jpg]