• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Problem with two ES Scenarios
05-25-2010, 12:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2010, 12:56 AM by billk1.)
Problem with two ES Scenarios
I cannot get the following two scenarios to load up, I get the unable to read scenario file message: Ambuscade and Alpine Bolt.

Anyone else have this problem?

Checking the .scn file and the .oob file, everthing seems fine including the map file. Any help would be appreciated.
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2010, 02:18 AM,
RE: Problem with two ES Scenarios
They are ES european addon scenarios so you have to get it working first.
http://tfe4.wordpress.com/graphics-and-s...es-strike/
05-25-2010, 05:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2010, 05:02 AM by Lowlander.)
Had the same problem but no noth'in of how these games function, however after farting around I found these three files ( from the ES add-on ) although of a older date are much larger.
Therefore I assume either a update or maybe some other add-on replaced them.
To cut a long story short I installed these three files into the Eagle Strike Main folder and overwrote the newer smaller files.
The above mentioned scenarios now work, but a word of warning I cannot confirm ALL the other scenarios are also OK.
Anyway I've attached the files to this post maybe someone with a bit of knowhow will enlight'in the proceedings.

Attached Files
.zip   es main.zip (Size: 7.91 KB / Downloads: 3)
05-25-2010, 05:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2010, 05:23 AM by billk1.)
Thank you Ozgu and Lowlander, I though I had already downloaded those files but it turns out I did not.

Both scenarios work fine now.
05-25-2010, 10:53 PM,
(05-25-2010, 05:22 AM)billk1 Wrote: Thank you Ozgu and Lowlander, I though I had already downloaded those files but it turns out I did not.

Both scenarios work fine now.

My favorite line from the ES Mod:

Note-Please read the installation instructions. Although a fairly easy task it has no margin for error. Failure to install this add-on correctly will destroy your computer…lol only kidding. However, it will give you a very funky looking game.

I recall having issues when I first tried to install it way back when...
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4