• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Green Hell Tourney Status Thread
06-05-2010, 11:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-05-2010, 11:34 AM by Riley D. Smith.)
RE: Green Hell Tourney Status Thread
(06-04-2010, 03:30 AM)Riley D. Smith Wrote: Myself and Mad_Dog should be wrapping up tonight. One game done (me as Axis and Mad_Dog as Allied) and should have AH's German final turn 16 back this evening.

Will report results when both are finished. Very challenging as the Allied side as all have said, but I think it's winnable as the same if using the proper tactics (if only barely).

We are done. I managed a draw as the Allies. Game reported (I believe we are ladder counting these yes?) The mirror with me as Axis was an Allied major loss...but I am a bit confused on how to report it as the victory conditions don't say "Allied major loss" or "German major loss"...just the condition.

Advise please. And if these are not ladder games let me know and I'll delete the one result I posted. If they are does the Allied player have to report either result for it to post correctly?

Well played Abram....I feel I got very lucky.
06-05-2010, 12:06 PM,
It was tight, 10 points for a minor defeat, and you had 11. You must have been counting the bullets. ;)

I really enjoyed this scenario, especially mirrored, I'm looking forward to the next one. Thanks Alan and Oz. :)

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

06-05-2010, 12:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-05-2010, 12:54 PM by Riley D. Smith.)
I did not even realize it was one point...amazing. That's why I said I got very lucky. I do think I had a decent strategy, but this one is more about losses/pure numbers and there is no way to predict which way one this close will go.

I think I have been playing most of my games a bit better lately. Not many wins really, and I've taken plenty of arse-whuppin's, but I've noticed I'm hitting more draws. If I am improving I will say straight up it's a direct reflection of the opponents I play. Ya'll are a canny and tough bunch to play against and I've learned a bunch from ya'll.

This SB series just get's better with experience I believe. So much variation.
06-06-2010, 03:28 AM,
(06-05-2010, 11:33 AM)Riley D. Smith Wrote:
(06-04-2010, 03:30 AM)Riley D. Smith Wrote: Myself and Mad_Dog should be wrapping up tonight. One game done (me as Axis and Mad_Dog as Allied) and should have AH's German final turn 16 back this evening.

Will report results when both are finished. Very challenging as the Allied side as all have said, but I think it's winnable as the same if using the proper tactics (if only barely).

We are done. I managed a draw as the Allies. Game reported (I believe we are ladder counting these yes?) The mirror with me as Axis was an Allied major loss...but I am a bit confused on how to report it as the victory conditions don't say "Allied major loss" or "German major loss"...just the condition.

Advise please. And if these are not ladder games let me know and I'll delete the one result I posted. If they are does the Allied player have to report either result for it to post correctly?

Well played Abram....I feel I got very lucky.

If you are reporting it as the Axis, simply report it as a major win.

They revamped the ladders when the re-did the site, and there are times when it's a little confusing. The main issue that I've raised is that whoever logs the result is recorded as the 'first side' and I know that's not true.

All tourney games are ladder games. Report away!
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-06-2010, 05:19 AM,
Allrighty then:

Riley D. Smith (25) vs Mad_Dog (5) Major Victory

Mad_Dog (15) vs Riley D. Smith (15) Draw

per:
25 = Major Victory
20 = Minor Victory
15 = Draw
10 = Minor Loss
5 = Major loss

Right? I think we got the ladder reports straight. Sorry for the confusion fellas. I'm nearly 52 (manana...06Jun58). D-Day. And my folks never saw me coming....ha. And you think the Germans were confused on that day?? heheh.
06-11-2010, 06:39 AM,
Fatih (10points) vs pkpowers (20 points) Minor American loss

pkpowers (5 points) vs Fatih (25 points) major american loss
06-14-2010, 12:15 PM,
Me and Stephen finished our games, both American major losses.
06-15-2010, 12:38 AM,
Good work guys, keep the reports coming.
06-15-2010, 08:56 PM,
An American minor defeat for me and an American major defeat for Cyrano. Two pretty tough games.
06-15-2010, 11:38 PM,
(06-15-2010, 08:56 PM)KG_RangerBooBoo Wrote: An American minor defeat for me and an American major defeat for Cyrano. Two pretty tough games.

I'll record these once they are reported on the ladder.