• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Green Hell Tourney Status Thread
06-02-2010, 09:08 AM,
RE: Green Hell Tourney Status Thread
Riley and I are going full blast, on turn 13 of both games. This scenario is a lot of fun mirrored. :)

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

06-02-2010, 04:35 PM,
Laza and me have one more turn to go I want to see how many players get a victory playing the Americans because i dont see it happening
06-02-2010, 07:48 PM,
(06-02-2010, 04:35 PM)Landser34 Wrote: Laza and me have one more turn to go I want to see how many players get a victory playing the Americans because i dont see it happening

We had playtested the scenario with Alan a couple of months before and I managed to get a major victory as the US side. True it is hard to win as GIs but it is possible. All I can say is that the US player should find the correct tactical formula to win. There are not many.
Best
06-03-2010, 12:33 AM,
(06-02-2010, 07:48 PM)Ozgur Budak Wrote:
(06-02-2010, 04:35 PM)Landser34 Wrote: Laza and me have one more turn to go I want to see how many players get a victory playing the Americans because i dont see it happening

We had playtested the scenario with Alan a couple of months before and I managed to get a major victory as the US side. True it is hard to win as GIs but it is possible. All I can say is that the US player should find the correct tactical formula to win. There are not many.
Best

David v Goliath!

: )

I do agree that it's a tough one for the US, but I think where scenarios like this prove their worth in a tourney is if you're able to win as the US, it reflects that you were able to figure out a strategy for a very tough assignment. It is what will give that separation to will move someone towards winning the tourney.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-03-2010, 07:47 AM,
Me and Laza finished both major defeats as US even though we both took a 20 pt objective
06-03-2010, 08:53 AM,
Oz ,Alan I hope you dont think im ripping this scenario its just that I think this is going to be a tough one for the Americans im going to play this against the AI just to see if you can squeeze out a win did you guys PBEM Playtest this one
06-03-2010, 05:00 PM,
(06-03-2010, 08:53 AM)Landser34 Wrote: Oz ,Alan I hope you dont think im ripping this scenario its just that I think this is going to be a tough one for the Americans im going to play this against the AI just to see if you can squeeze out a win did you guys PBEM Playtest this one

Yes it was a pbem test.
The scenarios used in this tourney are part of the sharp end series. Inspired from the Armchair General's series, I intended to give tough tactical situations in most of those scenarios so player generally must find almost the only way to win it. As Alan said it is I think suitable for a tourney where the person with deep tactical insight should be praised.

Best
06-03-2010, 10:45 PM,
(06-03-2010, 05:00 PM)Ozgur Budak Wrote:
(06-03-2010, 08:53 AM)Landser34 Wrote: Oz ,Alan I hope you dont think im ripping this scenario its just that I think this is going to be a tough one for the Americans im going to play this against the AI just to see if you can squeeze out a win did you guys PBEM Playtest this one

Yes it was a pbem test.
The scenarios used in this tourney are part of the sharp end series. Inspired from the Armchair General's series, I intended to give tough tactical situations in most of those scenarios so player generally must find almost the only way to win it. As Alan said it is I think suitable for a tourney where the person with deep tactical insight should be praised.

Best

Not taking it as a criticism at all, Dennis.

I ran through this one versus the AI as the US and I believe I managed a minor win. I can go back and take a look at my files to see if that is, indeed, true.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-03-2010, 10:46 PM,
Ive found to be a very tough ask as GIs and kudos to those who prevail with that side.
However most importanly to me, its been a very entertaining scn and Dennis was a fun opponent
244 games with legend that is Richie61
06-04-2010, 03:30 AM,
Myself and Mad_Dog should be wrapping up tonight. One game done (me as Axis and Mad_Dog as Allied) and should have AH's German final turn 16 back this evening.

Will report results when both are finished. Very challenging as the Allied side as all have said, but I think it's winnable as the same if using the proper tactics (if only barely).