• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Green Hell Tourney Status Thread
05-19-2010, 12:04 AM,
RE: Green Hell Tourney Status Thread
Great to have you on board! Mirror games is when you have two games going on simultaneously, and you are playing different sides in each. For instance in this first scenario, Kulmud and you will be exchanging two game files, one in which you are playing the Germans and the other in which you are playing the Allies.

(And just a reminder that if you kick off the games, don't forget to enable "Fog of War" as well as the "Vehicle Fire Over" and "Quality Loss Modifier" optional rules.)

Good luck!
Bill
05-19-2010, 12:56 AM,
(05-19-2010, 12:04 AM)Rabbit Wrote: Great to have you on board! Mirror games is when you have two games going on simultaneously, and you are playing different sides in each. For instance in this first scenario, Kulmud and you will be exchanging two game files, one in which you are playing the Germans and the other in which you are playing the Allies.

(And just a reminder that if you kick off the games, don't forget to enable "Fog of War" as well as the "Vehicle Fire Over" and "Quality Loss Modifier" optional rules.)

Good luck!
Bill

Yes, good call, Bill. After playing so long, I simply assume everyone knows that FOW should be played 'on'.

Playing back-to-back, a player would see how his side is setup in a match. He then plays against that side in the next game, knowing what to expect, where the troops are, and even how the other player played the match so he could potentially be better prepared.

Playing a mirror means you play two games at once, taking each side. This way both players can 'see' what the opposite side's setup is at the same time. No-one's got the advantage as you run through the scenario.

It's just a suggestion on my part, that and it speeds up the overall game play.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
05-19-2010, 03:35 AM,
Thank you for your help
05-19-2010, 04:43 AM,
(05-19-2010, 03:35 AM)scots greys Wrote: Thank you for your help

Roger that. If you have any questions at all, post them here or drop me a line. Always good to get new guys into the swing of things. If this is your first PBEM, enjoy it. You'll find it's a bit more challenging than playing the AI, but also a lot more enjoyable, plus you get to meet up with some great guys here.
05-19-2010, 05:53 AM,
Hey All,

I just sent the first turns to Yorick. The Ami's look screwed!

Steve.
05-20-2010, 12:48 AM,
Initial salvos fired off to Barnacle Bob.

:boom2:
05-21-2010, 04:00 AM,
Mike and Nik underway. Well Mike is and I'm back peddling.
05-21-2010, 07:38 PM,
Faith and myself are on turn 3
05-27-2010, 12:34 AM,
Game going good 2 turns in with Kulmud.

My first Tourney, I have been playing PBEM for 6years i am a member of the Modern Battle Club.
05-27-2010, 02:33 AM,
(05-27-2010, 12:34 AM)scots greys Wrote: Game going good 2 turns in with Kulmud.

My first Tourney, I have been playing PBEM for 6years i am a member of the Modern Battle Club.

Roger that. Glad to have you on board here. I was a member there a long, long time ago, but wasn't very active.