• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Patton's Gambit German Side(Bluehand Raus!!)
06-15-2010, 04:57 AM,
RE: Patton's Gambit German Side(Bluehand Raus!!)
(05-29-2010, 08:10 PM)cargol Wrote: There has been a small delay but now we are back on track.

Been a long time since we saw any action...
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2010, 06:44 AM,
Turn 14: While at Brolo front there is not much to report and my forces are waiting for the Allies the retreating Regiment is engaged with Allied forces which are trying, with direct and indirect fire to halt the retreat of my forces.
[Image: brolo1-1.jpg]

[Image: brolo2-1.jpg]
07-02-2010, 04:34 AM,
Turn 23 and situation not good for me,although i ve managed to advance beyond Naso River (my first objective in the process of leading the retreating regiment to safety) and clear a part of Naso Ridge all my attempts to retreat vehicles and personel werent succesful as Bluehand is effectively blocking the Coast Highway.
To make things worse an artillery barage started falling near the bulk of my HTs and trucks.
On the West part of the map(where the Brolo KG is located) i ve started retreating all the units eligible for exiting without serius problems while i ve left some units to occupy the flags.
07-30-2010, 10:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2010, 10:25 PM by cargol.)
The battle is over.A tactical victory for the Allies.
I ve managed to exit the majority of the forces which were East of Brolo River, while i ve exited only a minor part(few HTs and some infantry units)from the retreating regiment.Bluehand had blocked very good the road leading to Brolo Bridge with a mixed of infantry and support units so almost every attempt to
reach the Brolo Bridge had failed.
To seal my Regiments fate USAF arrived at the final stages straffing the remaining HTs and creating extra casualties.
I think that my approach was wrong as i should have helped the retreating Regiment with the forces that i
had defending the Brolo Bridge.
With a combined effort i think i wud have been able to break the blocking positions and lead my Regiment to safety.
07-31-2010, 01:39 PM,

Thanks for the game chronicle cargol, I enjoyed following the action.

It was a close game considering it was a play test.

Combat Wombat and I are at mid game with the new version
(western road fixes that stream line the roads convergence to the bridges and along Naso Ridge).
Send this user an email