• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hints/Tips & Steel Panthers Documents
01-03-2009, 09:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2009, 08:08 AM by Weasel.)
c_Question Mark  Hot Keys, Quick Reference Sheet
I just knocked together a Quick Reference sheet for SPWW2.

It reminded me about one or two features I'd forgotten about.

It includes these:

A Selects 'All Formation' mode (Set range of formation with 'Y' key OR move entire formation; but toggle off after use)
B Bombardment menu (Plot artillery, air strikes, spotters and airborne)
D Fire smoke dischargers, for tank or AFV (If smoke dischargers fitted, and have SD ammo left)
E Encyclopaedia
F Fire at current target
G Go to the next formation's HQ unit (i.e. cycle through formations)
H Headquarters menu (Force composition, organisation and HQ contact info; including radios and radio contact)
J Clipboard unit list (Status of all units, including supression, damage, ammo, experience and morale)
L Load/Unload unit on/off transport (Must be in the same hex to load unless beside a barge)
M Map Text on or off (Toggle on or off, if map designer has provided text)
N Select the Next on map unit
P Select the Previous on map unit
Q End turn
R Rally the current unit (Provided it is capable)
S Save game
T Target selection (Also a good way to centre the map over your current unit)
U Clear dark hexes and smoke (Toggles, hit twice to get smoke back after clearing dark hexes)
V Replay opponents last turn
W Select a single weapon to fire (Opens a weapons submenu. Ignored for close assaults)
X Fire a smoke round at the target hex (May have to do this twice for smoke to fire)
Y Set max op fire range (Helps unit hold fire and stay concealed until 'can't miss'; but if shot at they will return fire)
Z Fire suppressive or area fire at a hex, rather than a target (Used by any unit with LOS to target hex; or on-map indirect artillery units & tripod MGs can fire through smoke and trees - but NOT hills - out of LOS)
Z then R Blast Circles on/off (Can also use B then R. Shows max blast radius only. Known units damaged circled in yellow)
\ V-Hexes ON or OFF
? Help screen
. (dot) Hex grid On or Off (Hotkey not available until the next version is released)
+ and - Zoom and unzoom map (Use numberpad + and - )
@ Bail out crew from vehicle or gun (May need another vehicle to load crew, so they don't recrew their vehicle or gun)
} Unit view (Shows all hexes visible from selected unit's hex; checks all around LOS regardless of facing)
^ Set rally point (Choose the hex/direction you want a formation to go towards when in retreat)
Spacebar Unit info screen (Set helicopter altitude; click name to rename leader, or weapon/smoke discharger to turn off/on)
right click On an enemy unit to see basic information about it (Then 'I' for more detailed info)
0 ( Zero ) Opportunity fire filtering screen (For holders of the CD version)
1 PBEM Security Information (Loads & Quits should be equal. Fails can indicate technical problems or cheating)
5 Display Formation IDs (For holders of the CD version)
8 Reverse vehicle, keeping front towards the enemy (Costs 3 times the value of going forwards into the hex)

Deployment Phase Only
A Deploy all of the current formation close by the current unit
C Clear dark hexes
D Load all loadable units into the NEAREST available transport (not necessarily units own transport) or unload
E Entrench units (Assault or Defence only. Less types entrench for assaulter. Cannot entrench in water type hex)
F Find the current unit (Centres the map over the unit)
Q Quit deploying
V Show hexes visible to current unit (With its current facing. Turn the unit by right clicking on a clear hex)
W Assign individual unit to another formation (Support & Core cannot be assigned to each other. Cannot assign away the commander of a Company or Platoon)
X Deploy Mines/Dragons teeth etc. (In assault/defence game, defender may use if got build points during purchase phase)
. (dot) Set game length in turns (Player 1, Purchase Phase in the View Map screen ONLY. Do NOT go over 90 turns)

Also does anyone know any hot keys I'm missing?

I'll include my Quick Ref Sheet as an excel attachment.
I made one for US/Canadian 'letter' size, and one 'A4' size for the rest; so it will print out on one page.

Here's another:

Z then R Blast Circles on/off (Can also use B then R. Shows max blast radius only. Known units damaged circled in yellow)

} Unit view (Shows all hexes visible from selected unit's hex; checks all around LOS regardless of facing)

^ Set rally point (Choose the hex/direction you want a formation to go towards when in retreat)

J Clipboard list of units (Quickest way to see the status of all units, including damage, ammo, experience and morale)

Attached Files
.zip   SP Hot Keys A4 size.zip (Size: 6.24 KB / Downloads: 42)
.zip   SP Hot Keys letter size.zip (Size: 6.23 KB / Downloads: 45)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Attention those who teach newbies. - by Weasel - 12-16-2007, 06:26 AM
Hot Keys, Quick Reference Sheet - by Cross - 01-03-2009, 09:58 AM
AAA routine - how it works - by Weasel - 02-02-2009, 03:45 AM
Hints & Tips - by Imp - 04-20-2010, 03:05 AM
RE: Hints & Tips - by low_bidder - 04-20-2010, 04:14 AM