• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hints/Tips & Steel Panthers Documents
12-16-2007, 06:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2017, 08:14 AM by Weasel. Edit Reason: Increase award )
Attention those who teach newbies.
The mentor program, as it was, is dead now. Very few new players were using the system yet it was causing numerous hours of work.

I have therefore created an "open" mentor program. What this means is that anyone can teach a newbie and be rewarded bonus points, as long as the following criteria is met:

1. Notify me that you will be teaching a new player as a mentor,

2. New player must have played 3 games or less of MBT or WW2 (for a total of 6 games), ***changed to 3 of first 5 games reported for each version may be a mentor reported game 18 Apr 17***

3. You must agree that you as the mentor will only record a draw if you win, but allow the newbie to record whatever level of win they achieve, and;

4. You must teach the newbie, providing playing tips and critiquing the new player's play during the game.

Once the above has been met, notify me and I will award you 50 bonus points to go on top of whatever score you achieve. This means at the very least you will record 55 points.

If the newbie disappears in mid game, as is often the case, let me know. If he does not show up I will still award the 50 points, but you cannot record the game as a win.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Attention those who teach newbies. - by Weasel - 12-16-2007, 06:26 AM
Hot Keys, Quick Reference Sheet - by Cross - 01-03-2009, 09:58 AM
AAA routine - how it works - by Weasel - 02-02-2009, 03:45 AM
Hints & Tips - by Imp - 04-20-2010, 03:05 AM
RE: Hints & Tips - by low_bidder - 04-20-2010, 04:14 AM