• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Commando abilities.
05-12-2010, 04:43 PM,
c_Question Mark  New Commando abilities.
I thought the new abilities of Commandos would raise some comment, has anyone had the chance to exploit the advantages they now have?

I believe with the updates as they stand these abilities are available in S43 and SA43 but not in N44.

1) Commandos are always in command and never isolated.

2) Commandos can move from one enemy ZOC to another.

3) Commandos can blow bridges and damage AT trenches.

Numbers 1 & 2 combined could be a very useful feature to infiltrate through a defensive line! :)
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2010, 12:04 AM,
RE: New Commando abilities.
.....actually i wonder if this applies to Rangers as well, i would assume so.
05-13-2010, 04:39 AM,
Uhmm would it be a new category between special forces and partisans wouldn't it?

Something like the Special Forces of BOOTB but with a category of their own, without having to replace the partisan type unit would be nice...
05-13-2010, 12:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2010, 12:09 PM by Volcano Man.)
Yes, it would apply to Rangers -- as long as they are specified as Commando type units. If a scenario designer doesn't want it to be the case then they can just make them as regular infantry type units. So, all it really is is additional abilities placed on the Commando class, nothing more.

Having said that, Rangers are assigned as commando class units in all the PzCs I know about, and it certainly would be nice to see N44 get updated so that the Rangers could be a little more useful and actually squeeze in at Omaha. :)
Send this user an email
05-15-2010, 05:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2010, 07:25 AM by FLG.)
(05-12-2010, 04:43 PM)Foul. Wrote: I thought the new abilities of Commandos would raise some comment, has anyone had the chance to exploit the advantages they now have?

I believe with the updates as they stand these abilities are available in S43 and SA43 but not in N44.

1) Commandos are always in command and never isolated.

2) Commandos can move from one enemy ZOC to another.

3) Commandos can blow bridges and damage AT trenches.

Numbers 1 & 2 combined could be a very useful feature to infiltrate through a defensive line! :)

I have used them in DF85 to blow bridges. Though can be useful if there is a a lack of engineers in that respect
05-17-2010, 04:48 AM,
These will certainly change how Salerno and Normandy (when updated) play. Nothing like infiltrating through the already thin German lines!