• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question on "Protective Value"
04-12-2010, 11:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2010, 11:43 AM by alaric99x.)
Question on "Protective Value"
Is there any way to determine what the specific distance is, in any particular scenario, that's a safe distance from entering units? From what I can determine, the rules indicate that it's "in general" best to remain 5 hexes away from enemy entry hexes in order to avoid the breaking of friendly units. Is there any way to know exactly waht the safe distance is in any given scenario?
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2010, 12:52 PM,
RE: Question on "Protective Value"
Yes, use View-Shade-Protected Hexes and it will show you any hex falling within the enemy protected hexes for existing, remaining, reinforcements. In other words only units currently scheduled to arrive will have their protected hexes shown - if there is a strategy with units having protected ranges, those will not show up until the strategy choice is made and the selection added to the reinforcements.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-12-2010, 01:28 PM,
Another mystery revealed, thank you for that.

I had always envisioned a kind of semicircle, but see that this zone is not that way. Now I know exactly what hexes are safe for my units.
04-12-2010, 01:45 PM,
Hope there is not many turns between strategy choice and protection zones being visible to the opponent. Seems to defeat the use of S/O for a (limited) surprise.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp