• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk Campaign updated V2.0
04-08-2010, 05:42 AM,
Minsk Campaign updated V2.0
Hi All

My Minsk revised campaign is in the scn page as v2 . 0

If you downloaded before please do so again as there were some oob corrections, mainly bringing it more into line with the alt oob.
If you have a game in progress contact me and I will send you just the new oob.

I currently have two games running one is a team of 8 players !!! The other is a one on one. In that game the Russians have been given a brutal struggle for the initial advance especially in front of Orsha ( as they were ) . For certain the game is looking more balanced and both sides have a lot to loose by a few mistakes.

I am currently working on a version 3 with more rear area ops including even more partisan activities which seem to be under estimated in the original game . Plus I will be adding the Russian mine clearing tanks etc.

All for now

Cav
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2010, 08:29 AM,
RE: Minsk Campaign updated V2.0
I think more rear area ops would add something to the game. There are vast empty spaces at the moment with everything concentrated on the front line. Some serious struggles between security units and partisans would be very interesting. Partisans played a huge role in the campaign as I understand.
04-08-2010, 10:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2010, 10:17 AM by bdtj1815.)
Sounds like I need to release my Minsk'44 scenario that has been sitting on my hard drive for some time. It includes a much more detailed representation of the partisans, based on a lot of information supplied by a charming girl at the Belorussian National Archives!, and much more as well. Glantz, Hinze and Niepold are some amongst the many reference sources.

The German oob has had a major overhaul and the Russians have their mine clearing tanks. The 78 Sturm Division position, and the German defences as a whole are, I believe, better represented. The Russian assault along the "rollbahn" to Orsha is like Omaha without the fun of sea and sand. The German 2nd Army makes a welcome appearance, including Kav.K Harteneck and other new units and commands such as Gruppe von Gottberg and SS-Polizei-Brig. Anhalt.

I have also been considering a couple of "what-if" variants, one where Hitler appreciates the threat to AGC and moves units from AG North Ukraine before the Russian offensive is launched.A second including units that could have arrived earlier in theatre if the threat had been perceived earlier and their re-deployment or re-fitting had been pushed forward, III.(germ.)SS-PzK might make its first appearance in a PzC game.

As the mod includes a considerable amount of new artwork it is too big to post here but I will try and post a link in the next couple of days to my own web storage site if people are interested.
04-08-2010, 05:39 PM,
I'm very interested.
04-09-2010, 04:25 AM,
(04-08-2010, 10:16 AM)bdtj1815 Wrote: Sounds like I need to release my Minsk'44 scenario that has been sitting on my hard drive for some time. It includes a much more detailed representation of the partisans, based on a lot of information supplied by a charming girl at the Belorussian National Archives!, and much more as well. Glantz, Hinze and Niepold are some amongst the many reference sources.

The German oob has had a major overhaul and the Russians have their mine clearing tanks. The 78 Sturm Division position, and the German defences as a whole are, I believe, better represented. The Russian assault along the "rollbahn" to Orsha is like Omaha without the fun of sea and sand. The German 2nd Army makes a welcome appearance, including Kav.K Harteneck and other new units and commands such as Gruppe von Gottberg and SS-Polizei-Brig. Anhalt.

I have also been considering a couple of "what-if" variants, one where Hitler appreciates the threat to AGC and moves units from AG North Ukraine before the Russian offensive is launched.A second including units that could have arrived earlier in theatre if the threat had been perceived earlier and their re-deployment or re-fitting had been pushed forward, III.(germ.)SS-PzK might make its first appearance in a PzC game.

As the mod includes a considerable amount of new artwork it is too big to post here but I will try and post a link in the next couple of days to my own web storage site if people are interested.
Brian,
Just sent you a PM about this Mod. ;)
04-15-2010, 04:48 AM,
(04-08-2010, 10:16 AM)bdtj1815 Wrote: Sounds like I need to release my Minsk'44 scenario that has been sitting on my hard drive for some time. It includes a much more detailed representation of the partisans, based on a lot of information supplied by a charming girl at the Belorussian National Archives!, and much more as well. Glantz, Hinze and Niepold are some amongst the many reference sources.

Very interesting!