• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Calling Mikekiller16
04-01-2010, 02:22 AM,
Calling Mikekiller16
Anyone heard from Miguel in a while?

You out there? If so, drop me a line or post here. Wanted to check in with you.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2010, 07:13 AM,
RE: Calling Mikekiller16
I haven't heard from him in ages, had a game going with him. He seems to have dropped off the map. I know he travels abroad sometimes with his job.
04-01-2010, 07:41 AM,
I have a feeling his work called him away again. Here's hoping he's back soon.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

04-01-2010, 11:14 PM,
I know that he was moving to a different country a while back. He popped back in and asked for a few games, then vanished again. This was a few months ago. For a long time he was one of the guys really pushing several ladders forward, it's unfortunate that the real world has called him away. It happens.

I only asked because I've received a few EMAILs about games in progress with him that have gone without a reply for over 90 days. Clubs rules do stipulate that if a game is 90 days old and your opponent hasn't replied to a few EMAILs that you are within your rights to take a major win.

Anyone who fits that category, please drop me an EMAIL before you take the major win in this case. I'd also like to have at least an EMAIL or two along the way to your opponent with both myself and Mad_Dog carbon copied on it. This way we all are on the same page.
04-02-2010, 08:18 AM,
My last contact with him was in January. Usually, he would inform me of what he was up to, but I'm in the same sturmboat as the rest of you this time.
Send this user an email
04-07-2010, 03:33 AM,
(04-02-2010, 08:18 AM)keif149 Wrote: My last contact with him was in January. Usually, he would inform me of what he was up to, but I'm in the same sturmboat as the rest of you this time.

I'd go ahead and claim your victory. It seem as if he's out of the loop for an extended period of time. You are entitled to the major win as per the rules here.

Actually, if you disappear for more than 3 weeks an opponent can take a win, with some caveats.

https://www.theblitz.club/rules_of_engag...Game/rid=9
04-07-2010, 08:34 AM,
My game with him is on another ladder, but we're friends, so I'll give him plenty of time ;-)
Send this user an email
04-07-2010, 10:50 PM,
(04-07-2010, 08:34 AM)keif149 Wrote: My game with him is on another ladder, but we're friends, so I'll give him plenty of time ;-)

I like this attitude, quite frankly, especially with a guy like Miguel who has been so active in the Blitz Community.