• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Double Elimination Tournament
04-25-2010, 04:45 AM,
RE: Double Elimination Tournament
Hi Pat

Please sign me in if there is still place.

Ernst
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2010, 09:37 AM,
I'll play
04-26-2010, 10:38 AM,
OK Ed, you are in.

Two more would make it an even 16 and an easy bracket to manage.

I could even start the tournament before getting the bracket information all figured out.

If two others are interested, please post here or contact me at:

[email protected]

Thanks,

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

04-26-2010, 12:54 PM,
Thought I better explain some of the tournament rules.

You will be provided with a tournament bracket much like the one used by the NCAA during their yearly basketball tournament.

The exception will be that if you lose a match, you will be moved into the loser bracket and can still win the tournament. However, once you lose two matches you are out of the tournament.

Each time a match is reported, you will each be provided with the updated bracket even if you are no longer in the tournament.

There will be no ties. If a match ends draw/draw, minor/minor or major/major, you must provide me with the final point totals as these will be used to break ties.

For example: If you get a minor victory with 800 points and your opponent gets a minor victory with 801 points, you will lose the match. So make sure to provide me with the final scores if there is a "tie".

Obviously, each destroyed unit or captured VP could prove extremely important in these contests if they end up "tied".

If someone drops out of the tournament, then their opponent will automatically win that match and there will be no substitues.

Just so there is no confusion: A major victory versus a minor victory is a winner for the person with the major and points scored play no factor. Likewise a minor victory and a draw is a the victory for the person with the minor victory.

If there are further questions or comments, please contact me at:

[email protected]

Thank you for your participation.

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.