• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HEDGEHOG H2H APPROVED!
03-25-2010, 11:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-14-2010, 03:24 AM by Bear.)
Thumbs_Up  HEDGEHOG H2H APPROVED!
Ready and willing to Play Test the Hedgehog of Piepsk.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2010, 04:10 AM,
RE: Play Test Opportunity: Hedgehog Defence
Lets go for it, send ur mail to
dkalliontzis at yahoo dot gr
03-26-2010, 10:56 AM,
(03-26-2010, 04:10 AM)cargol Wrote: Lets go for it, send ur mail to
dkalliontzis at yahoo dot gr

Yes, I sent test email
Send this user an email
04-05-2010, 09:52 PM,
Battle is underway, turn 8 so far.
Briefing is nice gives u a clear view what it is going to take place without spoiling the FOW.
Map is well build with routes of approach for the attacker.
So far not much action but im sure the moment that the moment i ll enter the killing zone all hell will brake loose.
Surelly a must for infantry only seekers.
As for the balance i cant say much as its still early.
04-07-2010, 04:30 AM,
(04-05-2010, 09:52 PM)cargol Wrote: Battle is underway, turn 8 so far.
Briefing is nice gives u a clear view what it is going to take place without spoiling the FOW.
Map is well build with routes of approach for the attacker.
So far not much action but im sure the moment that the moment i ll enter the killing zone all hell will brake loose.
Surelly a must for infantry only seekers.
As for the balance i cant say much as its still early.

Yessir Cargol,
This is primarily an infantry engagement. A true test of a player's Combat Mission skills. Why? Infantry engagements are unforgiving in that tactics are governed by the troops you have relative to the environment and objective. The infantry motto:
"Find them, pin em, flank em, kill em!", is easier said than done. It takes a great deal of finesse and patience to command infantry/men. And in real war it doesn't get any more personal and I hope this scenario proves to show the courage and gallantry of the men more than the technology of weapon systems.
Send this user an email
04-10-2010, 07:05 PM,
Turn 14: Russian Infantry is at the outskirts of Piesk.
Heavy fighting all around the village,the Russians are trying to advance but so far well aimed fire is keeping them checked in their positions.
A couple of German squads have been observed retreating under heavy fire,is this an orderly retreat?Time will tell.
04-10-2010, 09:09 PM,
Hi Bear!

Willow and I would like to test The Hedgehog Defence, but something is wrong with the .zip file. Neither of us can extract it. Can you send me the scenario at [email protected] ?

Thanks!
cheers
04-15-2010, 08:14 AM,
(04-10-2010, 07:05 PM)cargol Wrote: Turn 14: Russian Infantry is at the outskirts of Piesk.
Heavy fighting all around the village,the Russians are trying to advance but so far well aimed fire is keeping them checked in their positions.
A couple of German squads have been observed retreating under heavy fire,is this an orderly retreat?Time will tell.

German Turn 17
Casualties are mounting. I have made several fall backs towards the church, good men lost but we can cover the avenues to the church. Ammo is critical, holding fire at closer ranges now.
Looks like Ivan is swinging wide to my right/rear flank towards the church...the Russians built some sturdy churches...
Send this user an email
04-18-2010, 08:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2010, 08:32 AM by Bear.)
RE: Play Test Opportunity: THE HEDGEHOG DEFENSE
New version 1.8 posted.

11 NOV 1941, German 3.Bn, 72.Infantry Regiment settled into a town. The Russian 169.Rifle Regiment had the same idea. The Germans set up all around defense or "Hedgehog" to save themselves.
Classic Tournament scenario, nearly thirty years old.

https://www.theblitz.club/h2h_production...io&sid=227
(04-10-2010, 09:09 PM)Mr Chuck Wrote: Hi Bear!

Willow and I would like to test The Hedgehog Defence, but something is wrong with the .zip file. Neither of us can extract it. Can you send me the scenario at [email protected] ?

Thanks!
cheers
Send this user an email
04-18-2010, 09:49 PM,
RE: Play Test Opportunity: Hedgehog Defense
Playtest ended,total German victory.Russians reached till the first houses but that was it.Stubborn German defence won the day.
A great scenario for those who want to try a real challenge.
A scenario that will test the abilities of both attacker and defender to manage their sources in order to achieve victory.
Lot of tactical options for both side not just a material struggle.