• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Proposed changes/improvements in the game editors
03-29-2010, 01:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2010, 01:36 AM by P.Ako.)
Proposed changes/improvements in the game editors
For the OOB editor:
-Enable hotkeys!!! it's really boring to go clicking over and over again in the "find next" command.
-The hability to select each country flag. IE, like you have a file named "flag.bmp" for each nationality but you could also have "USMC_Flag.bmp" inside the american folder, then from the OOB menu you could have the option of what flag you would like to assign. This could work also for the counter colour or the unitbox file and would save some nation folders.
-Include the option to assign each nationality to any side you want. For example, would you like the "hungarian" nationality aligned with the Russians? You could make it from the OOB editor....

For the Scenario editor
-Make the Strategical decision creator easier. Why i have to duplicate a regiment in the OOB editor just to have two strategic decisions?

If you have more post here plz
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2010, 04:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2010, 04:40 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
RE: Proposed changes/improvements in the game editors
(03-29-2010, 01:36 AM)P.Ako Wrote: For the Scenario editor
Why i have to duplicate a regiment in the OOB editor just to have two strategic decisions?

You don't - clearly you are missing something WRT this function.

I think you have the MC Series games and if you consult those Scn you will see there is no need for duplication.

You create the Strategy and the operations inside. Go inside the first operation and place a unit.

Go into the second operation ad you can place the same units.

As for the Flag thing - I don't see the point. The flag is something used only for visual purposes in the OOB editor and there is one flag per country.

As for assigning a nation to a side, I just don't see the game where this is something that is necessary. If it was, then we would have two Nations, one per side. For example I think we have FRENCH on the Allies and Vichy French on the Axis because we added a couple of Vichy Units in Moscow.

Glenn
Send this user an email
03-29-2010, 06:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2010, 06:49 AM by P.Ako.)
(03-29-2010, 04:39 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
(03-29-2010, 01:36 AM)P.Ako Wrote: For the Scenario editor
Why i have to duplicate a regiment in the OOB editor just to have two strategic decisions?

You don't - clearly you are missing something WRT this function.

I think you have the MC Series games and if you consult those Scn you will see there is no need for duplication.

You create the Strategy and the operations inside. Go inside the first operation and place a unit.

Go into the second operation ad you can place the same units.

Yes i have the MC titles (except Fulda Gap and North German Plains which are integrated into Danube and only Budapest on PzC.
Ok, my fault i'll try it.

(03-29-2010, 04:39 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: As for the Flag thing - I don't see the point. The flag is something used only for visual purposes in the OOB editor and there is one flag per country.

I thought about this with the idea of not having to use different folders for every army branches. Let's say that for example i want the Korean Marines to have their own counters, unitbox and flag. The only way to make it is assigning a folder for them, folder that could have been used for any other nation. That's why that with the proposed system you could save a lot of folders and having also separate army branches, "regular" army, paratroopers and Marines all of them in the same folder.
It's just reduced in the end to some customization of some units.

(03-29-2010, 04:39 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: As for assigning a nation to a side, I just don't see the game where this is something that is necessary. If it was, then we would have two Nations, one per side. For example I think we have FRENCH on the Allies and Vichy French on the Axis because we added a couple of Vichy Units in Moscow.

Glenn

Yes you're right about it however the fact that you could easily change the sides of the nations is something that i think would be interesting when you want to mod. However i admit that it is a bit pointless and secondary in the best of the cases.

Well at least i think that the hotkeys petition is something that's really needed!

EDIT: It's not about the editors, but of the game engine... would it be to hard to make engineers to lie obstacles? not mines, just obstacles.
03-29-2010, 10:55 AM,
(03-29-2010, 06:46 AM)P.Ako Wrote: I thought about this with the idea of not having to use different folders for every army branches.

Yes I kow what you were thinking but I can't think of one advantage to changing the system as what we have now works perfectly fine.

Understand that any change has to be justified as to the advantage vs the amount of work and teh impact it would have on a title in development as well as previous titles.

But this has no merit at all.

Quote:Yes you're right about it however the fact that you could easily change the sides of the nations

Yes but I don't have a problem changing a nation now

Glenn
*** NO IDEA WHY THIS POST LOOKS LIKE "Gunslinger" posted it - whoever Gunslinger is - but this is from Me, Glenn Saunders
Send this user an email
03-29-2010, 09:52 PM,
[/quote]

For example I think we have FRENCH on the Allies and Vichy French on the Axis because we added a couple of Vichy Units in Moscow.

Glenn
[/quote]

This greatly injuring ,LVF is a part of the wehrmacht not of vichy army .

I know i'm out of subject ...Whip
03-29-2010, 11:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2010, 11:56 PM by Monter.)
Ability to manually set division colour for each division.

As it is now, when I correct names of units, in effect I get blue, blue, bluish, green-bluish and so on. I got tired of adding different stupid full-stops or apostrophes to the name just to see difference between two divisions.

Also, there is too much dark colors and too few light ones in palette. Dark ones make different to read unit symbol from counter.