• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

RE: reputation
I nominate Mike West for funniest post of the month. My wife woke me up last night cause I was laughing in my sleep.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2010, 02:23 AM,
(03-22-2010, 12:30 AM)Chuck10mtn Wrote:
(03-21-2010, 09:27 AM)glint Wrote: It's also caused a number of 'blitz vets' to migrate away?
regards
Peter

Hi Peter,
I don't think its the site that chased the people away, I think it was the last round of bans, new rules and just the general disgust of what was going on !!! Half disliked the way people were posting and the other half didn't like the way new rules could get you banned because one person didn't like what you typed.

I don't think many people have left, they just don't do as much on the message boards anymore.

Chuck

That's for true Chuck! Perhaps my comment 'migrate away' is best explained by your last paragraph!
I see my warning level is still at 0% so best not reply to some others' posts, lol!
regards
Peter
03-22-2010, 03:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2010, 03:05 AM by Huib Versloot.)
(03-22-2010, 02:23 AM)glint Wrote:
(03-21-2010, 09:27 AM)glint Wrote: It's also caused a number of 'blitz vets' to migrate away?
regards
Peter

Hi Peter,
I don't think its the site that chased the people away, I think it was the last round of bans, new rules and just the general disgust of what was going on !!! Half disliked the way people were posting and the other half didn't like the way new rules could get you banned because one person didn't like what you typed.

I don't think many people have left, they just don't do as much on the message boards anymore.

Chuck

That's for true Chuck! Perhaps my comment 'migrate away' is best explained by your last paragraph!
I see my warning level is still at 0% so best not reply to some others' posts, lol!
regards
Peter

I think it is a general feeling of change that keeps people away. Over the last 2 years it has become very clear that discussions about the game itself are not possible here. It leads to thread wrecking dressed up with smilies.
If you need an opponent or if you need to announce a short note then this board is suited.
Other than that it is just a fairground for a few. If you have something serious to discuss about the game it is best to turn directly to one of the developers.
We had some interesting observations about elevations over at the developement forum the other day. I did not dare to post it here as discussions here tend to deteriorate to infantile levels very quickly.
03-22-2010, 04:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2010, 04:32 AM by Scud.)
(03-22-2010, 03:04 AM)Huib Versloot Wrote:
regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

Chuck

regards
Peter

I think it is a general feeling of change that keeps people away. Over the last 2 years it has become very clear that discussions about the game itself are not possible here. It leads to thread wrecking dressed up with smilies.
If you need an opponent or if you need to announce a short note then this board is suited.
Other than that it is just a fairground for a few. If you have something serious to discuss about the game it is best to turn directly to one of the developers.
We had some interesting observations about elevations over at the developement forum the other day. I did not dare to post it here as discussions here tend to deteriorate to infantile levels very quickly.

I've been very happy with the way things have been going. When I started as a moderator, people seemed to be leaving the site in droves, and the ones who were participating were doing so in a juvenile fashion, to put it mildly. The last three months there have been tons of new threads and new discussions and no stupid attacks. No one's been banned and there have been lots of interesting debates.

I'll admit there are a couple of guys who are constantly showing up and posting negatives, they don't like this and they don't like that and nothing is ever good enough for them, whether it's the site or the way Jim runs things or Matrix or new improvements to the game or Toni or me. They never offer help and contribute little or nothing to the club. I can't do anything about guys like that, though, as long things don't turn into flame wars, but, it sure makes you wonder what must be going on in their lives that seems to make them so miserable.

1. The site needs work, but it's not bad and will get better. I've seen a lot worse.
2. I question how many vets have really left, I'll bet it's not as many as you might think and the statistic should in fairness include the number of members who've stuck around and/or returned, because the boards have finally returned to a place for friendly discussions.
3. Quit worrying about bans. Smile more. Find something to laugh about, life is short. :)

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-22-2010, 06:49 AM,
(03-22-2010, 04:29 AM)Scud Wrote:
regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

Chuck

regards
Peter

I've been very happy with the way things have been going. When I started as a moderator, people seemed to be leaving the site in droves, and the ones who were participating were doing so in a juvenile fashion, to put it mildly. The last three months there have been tons of new threads and new discussions and no stupid attacks. No one's been banned and there have been lots of interesting debates.

I'll admit there are a couple of guys who are constantly showing up and posting negatives, they don't like this and they don't like that and nothing is ever good enough for them, whether it's the site or the way Jim runs things or Matrix or new improvements to the game or Toni or me. They never offer help and contribute little or nothing to the club. I can't do anything about guys like that, though, as long things don't turn into flame wars, but, it sure makes you wonder what must be going on in their lives that seems to make them so miserable.

1. The site needs work, but it's not bad and will get better. I've seen a lot worse.
2. I question how many vets have really left, I'll bet it's not as many as you might think and the statistic should in fairness include the number of members who've stuck around and/or returned, because the boards have finally returned to a place for friendly discussions.
3. Quit worrying about bans. Smile more. Find something to laugh about, life is short. :)

Wow! I have to say that, as a moderator you have made a scathing, dismissive post here Dave!
To say members were juvenile is an insult to them, and from a moderator, I have to say disgusting.
As far as negative minded people and their' miserable lives are concerned, who the heck are you to to say that? You want decent threads? A previous thread I was contributing to, and thanked for my comments I have to say, was suddenly ended because the mods PM me because I'm disagreeing with someone.
It seems discussion is welcome here but, if it's against the general view we're troublemakers?
Maybe the negative comments that are made are because some members don't like 'it' and they're putting their view across in a public debate?
As for never contributing to the site, I personally have been a member for many years, not five minutes and, as above, is also an insult and an insult to many others considering the input I have made over the years.
I think your previous comment about ' the best joke for ages ' was a bad judgement of error for a moderator to make as well.
All in all Dave, I think you have started a 'flame war' with your comments.
Despite the rules, I'm making this public as too much goes unnoticed by members, what with 'pm's' and private e-mails that nobody get's to see, yet you are able to post comments as in your post and we are meant to swallow it?
Well, ban me for life or whatever, like I said, no wonder so many don't bother posting anymore!
If I'm banned, just do it, don't bother with e-mails or PMs thanks, let'sbe men and thrashout our differences where all can see?
regards
Peter

Dave
03-22-2010, 07:09 AM,
Gee Peter, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to suggest that you were one of those people who never have anything good to say. It's not always all about you, you know. Whatever would make you think that?

As for banning you, not a chance, not this time. If it's about me then say whatever you want to say, no big deal. No swear words though, I have to consider that there might be kids on the site as well as adults.

So go for it. :)

Dave
Send this user an email
03-22-2010, 07:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2010, 07:23 AM by Kool Kat.)
(03-22-2010, 12:08 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Maybe we need more people to work to make this a better place by helping to fix the problems that they find? Not complain about it, leave it, or demand it be restored to it's old format?
HSL

And working together is the solution to problems? :chin:

I was experiencing some "challenges" on the "new" Blitz Website... I learned where to post "bug" reports... each issue (I had multiple ones) were reviewed in turn and I had answers / fixes in less then 24 hours from time of posting? :chin:

Others users also posted helpful suggestions and tips.

Looks to me that the "process" is working... and Raz should be complimented for being so responsive and cooperative to forum users' questions and concerns? cheers
(03-22-2010, 01:35 AM)Scud Wrote: I nominate Mike West for funniest post of the month. My wife woke me up last night cause I was laughing in my sleep.

Hi Dave: :smoke:

Maybe we should all strive to do better to "live well, laugh often, and love much?" :chin:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-22-2010, 07:32 AM,
Fair enough Dave, I accept your apologies. Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid after previous banning, comments made in past posts to me personally by some and private pms and e-mails I've received in the recent past?
It's made me feel that any post I make that is considered 'negative' that the following responses are being directed at me?
Thanks for not banning me and I have no personal grudge against anyone here, truly.
I stand by the comments in my previous post however that, if not directed at me, (which I accept) than whoever it refers to, I think it was inappropriate for a moderator to make those remarks.
regards
Peter
03-22-2010, 07:46 AM,
(03-22-2010, 04:29 AM)Scud Wrote:
regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

Chuck

regards
Peter

Dave

Dave, What do you mean by juvenile fashion, Is it because people offered a different view from the one you believed in, or was it because someone disagreed with another post and cried foul ??? Its strange that the guy wielding the ban sword decided to call some of us juvenile !!! The board is losing intetest because people all are afraid to bring up anything other than generic topics. I can count the number of good threads on here in the last 3 months on one hand . Just because people disagree doesn't mean bad discussions come from it.

Chuck
03-22-2010, 07:54 AM,
Hey Mike,

I live well, laugh often and love quite a lot in real life, even at my old age!

I think maybe the new rules, site, are the thorn in the side for me, so forgive me if I don't laugh much on here, just my opinion and I'm entitled to it, as others are to theirs'.

I think, as in real life, things are promoted as progress but, there will always be some who don't like it. The important thing is, the person/persons putting it forward should accept that in their' stride?
I'm sure Raz takes it on the chin better than some others do in here?
regards
Peter
I agree Chuck, the heavy-handedness of past actions over squabbles killed the forum.
Some were out of order, maybe me included, but it seems unless you 'kiss ass' with people on here now, you are out of place in this forum if you post a 'negative' point of view?
Sorry for being so blunt but maybe the 'hierarchy' needs a kick up the ass?
regards
Peter