• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

RE: reputation
(03-19-2010, 06:53 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: I would assume that the little "snowman" next to your avatar would display something else?

Seems that when you loggin the default setting is to have yourself "hidden".
If you want others to "see" you online, you need to Click on the forum "User CP" link directly above. Scroll down to the "cog like thingie" that says "Edit Options" and click that icon. Then you deselect "hide me from the Who's online list" and the "snowman" will become a pale blue color, indicating that you are online. It's a message board feature.

There are lots of nooks and crannies concerning this forum BB. Very interesting.

cheers

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2010, 07:59 AM,
(03-19-2010, 08:21 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents: :smoke:

Personally, I like the "new" Blitz Website with additional functionality and options. :)

Folks who don't want to learn about the Control Panel do not have to in order to post messages and participate in threads? :chin:

Others who like to explore and tinker with various optional settings to enhance their online experience, are also able to do so? :chin:

A win-win situation for everyone? :cool2:

Simply put, if one is online and logs into a site, surely they should be showing as online, not have to alter the 'controls' to do so? Seems a simple enough function? Most sites I visit, you alter things to show offline if you require. Everytime I come on here it seems you have a lot of learning to do before you can 'function' properly.

A good site imho is one where you can enter into with minimum fuss with controls.

As mentioned before, a case of, is this site for computer geeks or the old school?
regards
Peter
03-20-2010, 10:19 PM,
One man's bread is another man's rotten tomato? :chin:

cheers

HSL
03-21-2010, 07:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2010, 08:07 AM by Kool Kat.)
(03-20-2010, 05:32 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: There are lots of nooks and crannies concerning this forum BB. Very interesting.

cheers

HSL

Hi Ed!

Thanks for the "online icon" tip! Big Grin

Your info and Raz's help have helped to enable my online icon! I now have a nice "soft" blue to alert all when I'm online! ;)
Gents:

I'm not sure how many of you have "looked under the covers" of the "new" Blitz controls and functionality?

But... in a simple word... wow! :eek1:

Folks can not only change their theme, time zone, and date settings... but you can create "buddy lists," alter views so you can display only the items (e.g. Latest Results, Aars, H2H Productions, etc.) that you are interested in viewing.

Also, each person can upload files and create special folders and sub-folders to organize them!

This is good stuff... and here is the real beauty of it... it's all optional and voluntary.

Folks who don't want to learn about the Control Panel do not have to in order to post messages and participate in threads? :chin:

Others who like to explore and tinker with various optional settings to enhance their online experience, are also able to do so? :chin:

Learning new things is great... ain't it? ;)

Rock on folks! cheers
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-21-2010, 09:27 AM,
It's also caused a number of 'blitz vets' to migrate away?
regards
Peter
03-21-2010, 10:13 AM,
Gents: :smoke:

Something else that I discovered within that sub menu that Ed referenced... there is an "ignore" feature! :eek1:

You can place individuals on "ignore" and then you no longer see their comments! :eek1:

Another great feature? :chin:

And I've put it to use already! cheers
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-21-2010, 01:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2010, 01:56 PM by zap.)
Oh I did'nt realize that no one else was able to see. If that was discussed in a previous thread I missed it. Thanks for the clarification.
Thats all right then, if I see it alone. I have no complaint. Nor does it need to be taken away, in that case. I've been a good boy.

I like the site being improved. If there is anything that i don't understand. I'll just ask, like now, some good soul will walk me through it. Thanks again.
03-21-2010, 08:12 PM,
(03-21-2010, 01:55 PM)zap Wrote: I like the site being improved. If there is anything that i don't understand. I'll just ask, like now, some good soul will walk me through it. Thanks again.

Learn about new features and functionality... ask when you have questions? :)

Everyone benefits... and improves their enjoyment of these forums? :chin:
Send this user an email
03-22-2010, 12:08 AM,
(03-21-2010, 09:27 AM)glint Wrote: It's also caused a number of 'blitz vets' to migrate away?
regards
Peter

Sadly Peter, if that is what it took then it is truly their problem?
Raz has updated The Blitz with a state of the art message board. He also has updated the entire site and is committed to fix and improve it along the way. Especially when asked to do so in the Bug Fix/New Blitz area.

Jim, the owner, sanctioned the transition and the improvements. He also told us that it was/is a work in progress? We need to work with Jim and Raz to effect more improvements and correct any glitches.

Jim wrote:

"We hope you enjoy the new site. Things are still in transition, so there will be some more tweaks along the way.
Please help us out by reporting any bad links or things that you don't think look quite right. You can do this on the New Blitz Message Boards,

Let's get it on!

Jim "von Krieg"
Blitzkrieg Commanding
"

It's a permanent "News" message to the left and the top of the column? :chin:

Maybe one day you can list all who have "migrated" because they did not like the new message board features, could not figure out how to use the new message board features, would not report the problems they had in the correct area, or were simply looking for an excuse to complain and/or leave because Raz did not instantly fix what they wanted fixed?
So far I have not seen any leaving because of the new message boards.

There are many and varied message boards in use all over the internet. I do not see a problem with this particular one ... that is so great ... I would not use it to post here. Even those who have complained did so through posting their complaints? :smoke:

Maybe we need more people to work to make this a better place by helping to fix the problems that they find? Not complain about it, leave it, or demand it be restored to it's old format?

There have been so many improvements and upgrades it often surprises me to see them. Yes, there are some existing minor glitches and things that I miss from the old format. But, the improvement far outweighs the nostalgia for something "old". If things did not incrementally improve we would still be using computers with punch cards and/or "floppy" floppy disks, and/or green screen monitors?

I dunno. :dunno:

I'd rather :grin2: than :pullhair:. Wouldn't you? :conf:

cheers

HSL
03-22-2010, 12:30 AM,
(03-21-2010, 09:27 AM)glint Wrote: It's also caused a number of 'blitz vets' to migrate away?
regards
Peter

Hi Peter,
I don't think its the site that chased the people away, I think it was the last round of bans, new rules and just the general disgust of what was going on !!! Half disliked the way people were posting and the other half didn't like the way new rules could get you banned because one person didn't like what you typed.

I don't think many people have left, they just don't do as much on the message boards anymore.

Chuck