• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kursk Campaign The Cauldron Of Fire DAR
03-17-2010, 07:04 AM,
Kursk Campaign The Cauldron Of Fire DAR
I've just posted the introduction and first two moves worth of a DAR I'm writing over in the After Action Report section.

I'm playing the Russian side in The Cauldron Of Fire against Larry Reese. We are using extreme assault rules and I hope to compare game play to a simultaneous game I'm playing with Gil Paquette using the old assault rules.

I'm a big fan of Earlmann's Kursk scenarios and hope this DAR accomplishes a two things. 1: advertise how fun these larger scenarios are and 2: increase mine and others understanding of the battle through comparing the results of our game to the actual battle.

For any technical experts or historians with good knowledge of the Kursk campaign I would ask your visit the DAR from time to time and add some historical insight and correct any mistakes.
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2010, 11:23 AM,
RE: Kursk Campaign The Cauldron Of Fire DAR
I suspect the scenario is played best with EA on..........old rule will favor the Germans as the panzers can roam at will without much infantry support........which did not happen............but who knows

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
03-18-2010, 01:33 AM,
RE: Kursk Campaign The Cauldron Of Fire DAR
I agree.... that's why, even though I'm the German I started with EA on. And it's making me pay (which I think is far more realistic).

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.