• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What hell is Dike, Broken....
03-05-2010, 11:30 PM,
What hell is Dike, Broken....
Search the manual and find nothing useful for the dike. What is its function. Prevent unit going across it I suppose? Can engineer blow it up?

And what is broken. It absorb 2/3 of movement points, and?
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2010, 01:13 AM,
RE: What hell is Dike, Broken....
This depends on the title, the terrain and effects is configurable by title, so a dike in North Africa (if it even is used) could represent something different from Holland. Same for broken.

But generally, a dike would be a wall of dirt used to restrain water movement from one side to another - while in a title such as Middle East it might be used to represent a similar wall of dirt that was commonly used to screen areas from enemy sight lines and limit movement. I don't have any of the games here at work so I can't check whether a dike can be blown, maybe give it a try? I would swear that in some games they can be moved across, I believe that it is configurable in the PDT depending on the designer wishes and what it fully represents. Maybe if you say what title you are looking at?

Same for broken, it might be extremely jagged rock outcrops in one title that is nearly impossible to move in, and thus very high costs and no vehicles, while in another it could be less severe rougher terrain that costs less.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-06-2010, 04:23 AM,
RE: What hell is Dike, Broken....
(03-06-2010, 01:13 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Same for broken, it might be extremely jagged rock outcrops in one title that is nearly impossible to move in, and thus very high costs and no vehicles, while in another it could be less severe rougher terrain that costs less.

Given it is DIKES and BROKEN I am thinking MG 44

In MG44 Broken represents PODER which is reclaimed land - look it up in Wikii if you like - but the bottom line is it is very moisture rich dirt cut bynumerous draining ditches - not something you want to drive a truck through.

Glenn
Send this user an email